Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5UPR54YN
Reel Rookie

Re: Sling stopped working, was working before

Jump to solution

Just adding my two cents it looks like to be this ever ongoing issue. Thankfully I'm just using the app for the free channels, so it's not a huge issue for me. But, I purchased a brand new Streaming Stick+ last night from my local Best Buy, and it just gets stuck at the loading screen, a white circle continuously sits there and loops (see attached photo) after the "Sling" splash load up screen. I'll send this on to Sling as well.

20230709_065404.jpg

0 Kudos
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for adding your experience to this post. That is exactly the problem I have.

I had no issues with the Sling app on my Roku devices for over 6 years until the current Roku software update. 

0 Kudos
5UPR54YN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE:

I reached out to Sling earlier, and sent them the link to this thread as well. For some reason, they thought the issue was resolved? I explained, no, or there's yet another, and they said they'll escalate it and have the Tech Support guys look into it ASAP.

0 Kudos
Happycatt4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have contacted SLING multiple times and they tell me the same thing (being escalated),  Both Sling & Roku point the fingers on each other.  I am beyond frustrated.

0 Kudos
5UPR54YN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What I more so believe it's on Sling's end rather then Roku's personally. You have to think, they're the OS to the device, Sling is the app. That'd be like you'd blame Windows if a game didn't work on your PC properly. I read around that Roku had an update, and stopped working around then. For how it acts, it almost seems like there's some type of communication issue between Sling themselves and the app on the Roku platform. Hopefully they get it resolved soon. For all of you that use Sling as a TV provider, check out both PlutoTV and TubiTV for now. Those are both free cable TV apps. PlutoTV is more live TV and TubiTV is more on demand. I personally think PlutoTV is great, there's even some fairly new programming on there, from what I hear, the app is owned by Viacom.

rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I don't know if a Roku software update caused the issue with the Sling app, or Sling is just putting out bad apps right now. I've been reporting this issue to Roku because I was at least getting some response back.

I have had no response back from Sling. Other people have reported that Sling is putting the blame on Roku.

Sling reported to someone on this post that they didn't know the problem was still happening.

I have been going to the Sling app and pressing the * button > Give us feedback > Channel failed to launch/load/start  at least a couple times a day for the last 2 months.

If Sling looks at the feedback they would know the channel load issue is still not fixed. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,
Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.
Thanks,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

We are getting know where here. Would you Roku people please read my past posts for all of the information you keep requesting. Here it is again!

THE SLING APP WILL NOT LOAD ON ANY ROKU DEVISE I OWN. It hasn't worked for almost 3 months!

Sling app Version 8.81 Build 9589

Issue report tracker
Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial number: YH00CC944507 (21503C944507)
Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-50
GC version: 9.4.20
Timestamp: 2023-07-13T16:50:22Z
Please use issue ID 07-278-930 to report the current issue.

Issue report tracker
Model: 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick

Serial number: YF00E9791514 (CT379E791514)

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4186-55
Timestamp: 2023-07-13T16:52:29Z
Please use issue ID 14-278-932 to report the current issue.

Issue report tracker
Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial number: YH00AN656630 (C1395A656630)

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-50
Timestamp: 2023-07-13T16:55:38Z
Please use issue ID 30-278-935 to report the current issue.

Issue report tracker
Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000HRHA4C (S02A20ARHA4C)
Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-C2
Timestamp: 2023-07-13T16:58:07Z
Please use issue ID 4C-278-938 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rhythm1

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue that you're experiencing!
We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.
We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MichaelE

Jump to solution

Still an issue.

0 Kudos