Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Re: Sling stopped working, was working before

Jump to solution

It has been 5 weeks and counting since I first reported this Sling app issue. Still your team has no answers?

Sling app Version 8.76 build 8987

Issue report tracker
Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000HRHA4C (S02A20ARHA4C)
Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-C2
GC version: 9.3.42
Timestamp: 2023-06-07T20:39:11Z
Please use issue ID 4C-227-319 to report the current issue.

Issue report tracker
Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial number: YH00CC944507 (21503C944507)
Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-50
Paramount+
Timestamp: 2023-06-07T20:43:47Z
VUDU -FANDANGO
Please use issue ID 07-227-323 to report the current issue.

Issue report tracker
Serial number: YH00AN656630 (C1395A656630)
Timestamp: 2023-06-07T20:47:26Z
Please use issue ID 30-227-327 to report the current issue.

I also did a factory reset on this Roku Stick+ and still the Sling app will not load.

0 Kudos
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

New version of the Sling app still does not load.

Sling App Version 8.77 Build 9085

Issue report tracker
Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: X01000HRHA4C (S02A20ARHA4C)
Software version: 12.0.0
build 4184-C2
GC version: 9.3.516
Timestamp: 2023-06-15T10:33:58Z
Please use issue ID 4C-238-233 to report the current issue.

Issue report tracker
Serial number: YH00AN656630 (C1395A656630)
Timestamp: 2023-06-15T10:36:24Z
Please use issue ID 30-238-236 to report the current issue.

Issue report tracker
Serial number: YH00CC944507 (21503C944507)
Timestamp: 2023-06-15T10:28:19Z
Please use issue ID 07-238-228 to report the current issue.

My first reported this issue on 04/30/23

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Happycatt4 @rhythm1 

Thanks for the follow up.

We appreciate raising your concerns that you're having trouble with the Sling channel not working.
We are still investigating the issue and once more information is available we will be sure to update the Community. Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.
Warm Regards,

Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kimrice44

Jump to solution

Mine stopped working and is not working on any Roku devices. The app works on my I Pad but none of my Rokus, I have tried all the trouble shooting with no luck

0 Kudos
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've been waiting for 2 months for answers and a fix on this Sling channel issue. I have 5 Roku devices that will not load the Sling app, but Sling works fine on my computer, phone, and Samsung and Sony smart TVs.

I hope the next Roku software update finally is the fix. 

0 Kudos
Happycatt4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have done the Roku update which included SLING without any luck.  I even cleared the cache on the ROKU and there is no change; still not working.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Happycatt4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with a playback issue on a channel. Does the issue only occur on Sling TV or other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel, Sling TV, and then reinstalling it again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and reinstalling it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step). System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I would recommend that the Roku moderator read the complaints from the past 2 months before responding.

I have 5 Roku devices that WILL NOT LOAD THE SLING APP ONLY. I have tried everything with no success. I even did a factory reset on one of my devices, reloaded the Sling app, and still have the problem. It is pretty discouraging after waiting 2 months to have you suggest this again! 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rhythm1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

Since you are already done with the Factory reset for troubleshooting, we understand you are still having trouble with the playback issue on Sling TV.

Please be advised that Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the ads and contents within an app. The respective channel solely chooses the contents and ads, and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. With that being said, we would recommend reaching out to Sling TV Support to report the issue and for further help.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rhythm1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

So here are the responses I've had from previous Roku moderators.

5/18 Mary

"Rest assured that we have forwarded your valuable details to the respective Roku team." 

5/22 Arjiemar

"Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread." 

5/31 Carly

"Rest assured that we passed along your details to the appropriate Roku team to further investigate on this." 

Arvy

"We are still investigating the issue and once more information is available we will be sure to update the Community." 

So what am I supposed to believe? Does this mean that the Roku team has finished their investigation? Roku is officially stating that the Sling app problem is Slings problem? Sling doesn't believe they have any problems. 

I have been watching Sling on Roku devices for almost 7 years with no issues until now. Please figure this out and fix the issue soon.