Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cheyl
Level 8

Sling TV not working since 11/17/21 update

Jump to solution

Since the update my SlingTV no longer works. I use model 4660X2, It will load to Slings home screen very slowly but will not load any channels. I can load slingTV fine on my one smart TV so this appears to be a Roku issue with the new update!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sling TV not working since 11/17/21 update

Jump to solution

@Cheyl 

Let's try a couple of things. You have have already done some of this, or even all of it, but let's give it a shot anyway.

Force an update to your Roku. Settings > System > System update (I think; I'm away from my Roku at the moment, but you should be able to determine which option)

If any additional updates happen, try to notice if one was to Sling TV. Regardless, try running the app again.

If that doesn't work, find the Sling TV app and hit the Options button (asterisk). Select Update. Let us know the app version and build, in case you aren't getting an update that is needed for Roku OS 10.5

Of course, there's reboot the Roku. Or unplug it and plug it back in.

IT-Crowd.jpg

And if none of that resolves it, there's this:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order.

Let us know how it goes.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Cheyl 

Let's try a couple of things. You have have already done some of this, or even all of it, but let's give it a shot anyway.

Force an update to your Roku. Settings > System > System update (I think; I'm away from my Roku at the moment, but you should be able to determine which option)

If any additional updates happen, try to notice if one was to Sling TV. Regardless, try running the app again.

If that doesn't work, find the Sling TV app and hit the Options button (asterisk). Select Update. Let us know the app version and build, in case you aren't getting an update that is needed for Roku OS 10.5

Of course, there's reboot the Roku. Or unplug it and plug it back in.

IT-Crowd.jpg

And if none of that resolves it, there's this:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order.

Let us know how it goes.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Cheyl
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response,

Yes I did force both updates and reboot, but I did not delete and reinstall Sling. Regardless I followed your instructions exactly as posted in that order. Then I reinstalled Sling and rebooted again and life was good again. Thank you so much for your help. 

0 Kudos
woobie
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Yesterday, my Sling TV worked.  Today, it suddenly doesn't. 

I tried the following steps as suggested:

1. deleted Sling TV app
  2. System Restart of Roku
  3. added Sling TV app to my Roku

All I get when I open Roku, is the Sling TV logo for a few seconds, then black screen with spinning wheel forever.  Nothing loads.

Also tried doing a System Restart again after re-adding Sling TV app. No difference.

Also unplugged the Roku. No difference.

Roku version# is 10.5.0 Build 4201. Nov 17.

Sling TV version# is 8.11.0.1669. Nov 16.

Your advice will be much appreciated.  Thx.

Cheyl
Level 8

Jump to solution

Apparently I was too hasty saying it was fixed. I turned the TV off and when I logged back in it was back to the original condition. It flashes a message " (27-1) Sorry temporarily unable to load video. Please try to reload or another channel. All my other apps work fine. Roku is v10.5.0 build 4201, Sling is v8.11 build 1669.

woobie
Level 8

Jump to solution

Slingtv or Roku must have fixed whatever the issue was.  Suddenly, it works now.

0 Kudos
marfamayo
Level 7

Jump to solution

hi there, I have the same exact problem.... I have done updates, delete channel ( system restart) and add the channel, nothing has changed....  This is very odd. I believe it is a known problem that was 'fixed' but some how I am not getting the update to my Rocku or Sling app. I can also watch Sling just fine from my laptops..grr

labgirl221
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm in the same situation.  I have done all suggestions multiple times.  Spoke to Roku CS and Sling TV CS, no fix from either company.  Now 2 days of not working.  UGHHH

0 Kudos
Miguel54
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree.  My roku Ultra was working just fine until the latest update was put through.  Now all of my channels are very slow and most of them don't load at all.  It's really frustrating!   Although I like the rich color provided by the roku ultra, I am seriously thinking about getting a 4k apple tv device.  I have had my apple tv (HD) for 5 years and I have never had any problem with streaming issues.  

0 Kudos
Bmtgg4
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same issue. I have followed done all the troubleshooting and nothing works. 

0 Kudos