Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wayne8

Sling App not updating on Roku TV

May 1, 2024 I have a Philips-Roku TV, 6 months old, I have a message that there is a new version of the Sling App available,  I follow instructions to update that does not work. For two days I have tried everything.. checked the system for updates before and after restarting everything, Unplugging TV, and internet router, removing and reinstalling app before powering off everything and after. Worked with Sling tech they said to contact Roku, worked with Roku tech they said to contact Sling. I have another Philips Roku TV- not the same model, and sling is working on it.. Please help! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Sling App not updating on Roku TV

Warm greetings here in the Roku Community, @Wayne8!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issues you are experiencing with your Sling channel. We would like to assist you in resolving the problem as quickly as possible. Can you please provide us with more information so we can take a closer look at the issue? Please provide the requested details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos