Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

This time I just selected 'update' from the options menu. It said "update complete" almost instantly.

It was better. The 'recent' folder was correct. The song track info was correct, and kept up as the tracks changed. It was easy to change the channel. (It always starts off with the "hits" channel 2.) Those are all new improvements. It still shut off at 20 minutes.

HotToddy

Jump to solution

Amen to that!!  We're having the same problem!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing. 

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jimmbbo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

For god sakes there are no error messages it just cuts off and shuts down after 20 minutes it's been 2 months already what is the problem and hold up here this is the worst fix for any problem I've ever seen

charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

They ain't gonna fix it.  

0 Kudos
RuralMidwest
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I listen to Sirius XM via Roku on my Samsung Frame TV. Except for channel 1192, Nonstop Classic Jazz, the channels I normally listen to all stop after exactly 20 minutes with Roku reverting back to its home screen. 

I am using:

Roku model 3930RW - Roku Express

Serial number X0040022CM6X

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

Sirius XM version 3.0 build 42

As all have expressed in the previous 55 pages, this is very frustrating. We are all paying for a service that is not delivering as promised. 

Thanks for continuing to reply to this thread and your commitment to getting this resolved.

MelG
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello all...

I totally shut down my router etc. And rebooted my Roku system... signed on and then turned on channel 311, again... it played for 18 minutes now.    From 3pm pst to 3:18pm. It bumped me back to Roku home screen.  At this point, I am happy to play XM on my pc browser-at least it will play for hours while I am working.  

XM & Roku: you need to come together to repair this. 

ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I found that I can now add or remove channels on my Favorites list using the Roku handset.  It took me awhile to adjust to the new SiriusXM format.  At this point I am not having any significant problems at all.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RuralMidwest,

Saw your post! 

I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating.

We appreciate you providing us with information regarding your channel playback issue with SiriusXM. In addition to the information you have provided, can you please provide the tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Ba

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
MCMLXAD
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

you have been written ,whoever you are,the same for more than a moth but done nothing