Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

@jmhabo

Thanks for providing us with your information. 

I have notified the appropriate Roku team about these new details and they are continuing the investigation concerning SiriusXM. We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused. As previously mentioned, once we got an update, we'll let everyone know immediately.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
MCMLXAD
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

the point is that this is taking really a long time.it is shameful that people is paying for a service that does not work.i have been confronting this issue with sirius app on roku more than a month ago

Nytewynd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When someone said to go in to the power settings for an original fix, I went in there and saw that none of mine were checked, so that was never a cause for anything.  I haven't tried using Sirius on my Roku since the issue started ... I have no problems running it for hours on my cellphone or my android tv ... on my Roku tv (which is on when I sleep), I just went back to using Pandora (no subscription, but can still get some good music that I put on some lists a while back so they're still there to listen to).  I haven't been coming in here and reading all the posts so I don't know if they're trying to say it's been fixed when it hasn't been or maybe it is fixed, but from your post, there are other issues now.

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@elliedale9 

wrote

3. The "TuneStart" setting is on by default. I prefer to listen live, so I turned it off. (When I have to restart talk programs every 20 minutes, it's super annoying to have them start at the beginning...especially since the fast forward feature is glitchy and unresponsive.) Unfortunately, SiriusXM doesn't save my settings...it defaults back to "on" every single time I open the app. What a pain in the **bleep**.

There is hack to this sneaky flip/flop that XM does.  If you set the option to off and then sign out, XM will save the off setting.  If you crash while it is off, XM will turn it back on.  If you exit using the home or exit, who knows? 

elliedale9
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@HAL9000_Y2K_VER wrote:

There is hack to this sneaky flip/flop that XM does.  If you set the option to off and then sign out, XM will save the off setting.  If you crash while it is off, XM will turn it back on.  If you exit using the home or exit, who knows? 

I tried this and it didn't work. I changed the setting, signed out right away, and signed back in. My setting had changed so it was back to "on." (I'd changed it to "off.") UGH.

Why can't they just roll back the app? The old one actually WORKED. None of this b***s*** we're dealing with now. I'm so tired of this.

mcasella-sc-rr-
Binge Watcher

SiriusXM Update working on fix

Jump to solution

Jus spoke to Brenda at SiriusXM and she advised that they are working on a fix incrementally and to keep checking the site for an update that will have the fix.  Asked for a refund for June and she took care of that.

ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

SiriusXM on my Roku Ultra worked without stopping all day yesterday and is continuing today.  No more 20 minute halts.  I have been able to switch to different Favorites without any problems, but I cannot add additional channels to my Favorites using the Roku handset.  I have to login to my streaming account on my PC and add or delete Favorites there.  So, I'm getting by without having to spend a lot of time restarting my Roku unit, but it's far from perfect until they fix their problems with streaming SiriusXM.

0 Kudos
wsu55
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue that many others have advised you of.. after 20 minutes the Sirius XM signal drops. 

Have you found out how to correct this problem?

I'm using a ROKU EXPRESS on the TV

0 Kudos
tcar384
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Count me in as one re-installing app didn’t work. Sorry Danny. 

0 Kudos
wildphins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, I see we are at version 3, build 42. Guess what? Still no workie! You really wouldn't think this wouldn't take a rocket scientist.