Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfilicetti

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem which started the same time as yours.  I haven't found a resolve yet.

0 Kudos
mizebonyangel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still turns off after 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
dstoppa
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here's what I've done, I scroll down to  music then click on my choice, rock,  ( I go to rock channels, I cant speak for other genres ) then I keep scrolling to the channels that are continuous play, all music, no DJ's and my XM stays on. I cant play the regular Classic Vinyl, or Rewind, or any other stations I listen to without it shutting down just after 10 minutes. 

My vehicle with XM is out of commission right now, had I not found this solution to listening at home I would have cancelled my XM by now, I cant believe this is still going on! 

0 Kudos
ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you reinstalled SiriusXM as I did it should start working correctly.  If not, go to the SiriusXM icon, press the * button and check the version.  If  you have a Roku Ultra like me it should be Version 2.5 build 34.  In any case select Check for Updates and see if that helps.  Also, after the reinstall I unplugged the Roku device for about 15 seconds, then restarted it.  I have absolutely no problems now.

0 Kudos
mcasella-sc-rr-
Binge Watcher

SiriusXM shut off update and service rep

Jump to solution

Today June 28th we were able to listen to music on our TCL Roku smart tv for about two hours before it shut off.  No such luck with the Samsung tv which again shut off after 20 minutes.  Spoke to service rep at Sirius and advised of these issues.  Working on a fix ad nauseum!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM shut off update and service rep

Jump to solution

Sounds like the SiriusXM app on your Roku updated to fix the recent complaints and the one on your Samsung tv didn't.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ontrack
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My SiriusXM has been working OK since I reinstalled the channel.  I have taken an additional step to make sure my Roku Ultra device doesn't run out of memory.  I removed several channels that I never used which frees up memory for use elsewhere.

RP114

Jump to solution

My Sirius app is shutting down too since they did the update. I only get about 15 minutes.  In the past it would start up playing the station I was listening to last but now it always goes to the hits station.  These problems are only on the roku.  I have no problems with it elsewhere.  Come on Roku,   what is going on??

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This app ever going to be fixed yet? My trial is up next week and I don't wanna pay for something that doesn't work. This is ridiculous. How has this not been fixed yet?