Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I have given up on it being fixed.  But was given a credit that will just cover about 3 months of service. So when that runs out I will either cancel siriusxm or its fixed by some miracle. I don't think I should even be charged a monthly fee on the months its not working, and should be able to carry the credit until its fixed, An I issue I will have to call them up on soon. I am kind of getting weaned off SiriusXM to where I don't miss it too much now.

JeanM

Jump to solution

Streaming stick - same issue.  Non technical husband is having major issues with this.  I have restarted twice, uninstalled SiriusXM app, reinstalled app.  Same issue.  No option to change the time out on the streaming stick.  So tired of companies blaming each other for software upgrade problems.  Roku and SiriusXM ---  PLAY NICE AND FIX IT.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@barleycharley 

Good to know when I have my wife call on the 16th she can get the next 3 months paid.

~kidkrash

0 Kudos
Sccs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

it has been quite awhile since we have heard from them and i would like for them to chime in and give us some sort of news as we been told they monitor this thread.  good or bad it’s something, at least we would know. 

stepping off soapbox. 

VEllen

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV SiriusXM app shuts off in less than 20 min.  it doesn't play the last thing that was playing and I have to start over finding the program and starting it again.  Yesterday, I installed an old Roku on an input to the TV and all fine so it is definitely the Sirius app for Roku TV that is the problem.  They probably didn't test the update for all types of devices.  Very disappointing as Sirius says that my account can play on any device through the app.  Sirius - FiX THIS!!!

0 Kudos
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mine is still broken on 2 of 3 Roku TVs. I've tried logging out of all of them and reinstalling. This fix worked for my RCA but not for my Sharp or TCL. My next bill is due in 10 days. Looks like I'll be canceling Sirius, unless there's a miracle between now and then.

0 Kudos
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No word lately from Roku and no fix from SiriusXM. I think we've been abandoned.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but I'm in the middle of wasting my time talking with a Sirius XM rep who has no idea what's going on and keeps telling me to try things I've told him I already tried and DO NOT WORK. Additionally, I never received the service credit I was promised from an earlier conversation. The agent says, "This might take a while because my higher support is not responding." 

Of course they're not. Why would higher support do their jobs when nobody else at Sirius XM has to do their job? 

They've got 10 days and then I'm canceling. I'm sure another service would be happy to have my business.

0 Kudos
masalaav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Rabidbaby,

Did you logout of the RCA before trying to sign into it on the Sharp or TCL? The SXM rep did say that I could only be logged in on a single Roku device at a time. It's been working fine for me for a week now.

jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's strange, you would of thought that in these current times of belt tightening and rampant cutting of nice to have subscriptions like Sirius XM that they have seemingly no interest in fixing this problem for loyal long term subscribers. I guess you get to a point where so many of these support roles are more and more outsourced to third party agencies that are disconnected and could care less (and are not even aware of the problem) that it takes longer and longer for a business to react to the bleeding.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.