Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astroman215
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I tried rebooting the TV and SIRIUSXM but still shuts off at 20 minutes!

0 Kudos
astroman215
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried this and still shuts off! Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
astroman215
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

reset the TV and SiriusXM, but still cuts off at 20

0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, I bit the bullet and cancelled SXM at the end of my current month. The issue has been ongoing for 4 weeks today and while I miss the accompaniment of Spa and Symphony, and occasionally Breakfast with the Beatles, I realized this morning that not turning on the TV first thing in the morning has led to an improvement, more space and quiet for my morning routines. I thought about it for quite a while and have chosen to embrace the silver lining. (Chatting with the SXM agent was not fun, but I kept my temper. Pretty much. They are paid to do anything to keep a customer, probably.)

Now the "special offers" will begin. 😄

I will stay in touch with this thread to see how it all evolves ...

MelG
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Re: SiriusXM response received @Smooch ....took one for the 'Team'....😔...a moment of (20 mins) silence please. 🧘‍♂️🧘‍♀️🧘 Take care! 

Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@MelG 

*smooch* 😉

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

For Roku 3930X, the SiriusXM app fails after 20 minutes.  Failure returns control to Roku home screen.  There are no user messages.  The SiriusXM app is non-responsive to the remote control near the end of the 20 minutes of elapsed time.  Before the remote is completely non-responsive, the response is slower as you get near the 20 minutes of elapsed time.  This symptom resembles a memory leak.  The problem began when the SiriusXM app forced an update and lost my sign-in credentials.  Problem began in same timeframe as first post on this subject.  Bandwidth saver is turned off.

I have updated Roku and the SiriusXM channel multiple times with no difference in behavior.  This timeout error does not occur on my 3800R, 3900R or non Roku device (car radio).    Note that the version of the 3930 on the Roku store is the 3930R.  3930X appears to be supported since it is on https://developer.roku.com/docs/specs/hardware.md page as Current.  RAM and CPU appear to be the same for all three models.   

Is there something I can do to turn on debugging to provide better data since this problem is easy to reproduce?  Does this problem not occur on the 3930R?  Could someone test this version?     

Sling app is unaffected.  Below are the data requested for the problem device.  SiriusXM version is 2.5 Build 34. 

3930X data.JPG

Edit:  fixed hyperlink to RokuMary-F

0 Kudos
mjprimo1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@HAL9000_Y2K_VER; By this time, Roku Tech Support could've/should've reproduced the problem in their own lab on ALL affected device models.  Diagnosed the problem, and submitted findings to software developers --whoever that is.  Sadly, progress reports to customers have not been shared on this forum.

SXM version 2.5 build 34 is the only update since version 2.5 build 28 --that I'm aware of.  And it did not fix the problem for me either.

I worked around the problem, purchased a cheap ONN Android TV 4K device at Walmart.  But I have three Roku Express 3930X devices.  And I continue to monitor this forum for updates.

0 Kudos
barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I called SiriusXm yesterday, asked about issue.  The person I spoke with didn't have a clue to what I was talking about. Beginning to wonder if they dropped the matter.

0 Kudos
Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Well, we are now a month into this customer service failure by two large corporations. I spoke with SiriusXM today and the representative stated there was no fix yet! That’s it, no explanation beyond that. Roku has been quiet for the most part too other than asking for individual equipment info. You would think they would be updating this blog weekly since their platform is involved. A small ask here. I’m not aware of a SiriusXM blog.
Since SiriusXM is not charging my account currently, I’m going to continue to ride along and see how long this takes. It is laughable and that is an understatement.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.