Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@barleycharley wrote:

So, what you're saying is that ROKU, Amazon, and Google, do not have to test these App's for quality to see if they work or not, before they stick them on there devices.  So if Roku tested it and it did not work, they could have told SiriusXM to fix it, and later re-submit it when it worked, and there is no quality checks.

@barleycharley Clearly the SiriusXM was not thoroughly tested with all ROKU devices. Someone signed off on it before it was rolled out. Personally, it was worth the $15 to replace the ROKU Express in my home office with a ONN Android Stick from Walmart.  Since then I have been able to listen to 1stWave all day during my work day.  This is my solution for my wants/needs.....lol
0 Kudos
ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I can play SiriusXM on my laptop, and then use an HDMI cable to put it through the TV (soundbar). You can manage favorites online, but the remote won't change channels. Just a possible solution until they fix it...

0 Kudos
devonsvoice
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried adding a favorite online, but that didn’t transfer to the Roku app. 

0 Kudos
Sccs
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update | RESOLVED

Jump to solution

Purchased the exact same ONN stick as everyone else at Walmart. When I get to the log in screen to SiriusXM it has just three blanks with no words like log in. Any ideas? I know this is not the right forum for this but it doesn’t hurt to ask. 

0 Kudos
MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Pretty sure at this point they are not going to fix the issue, if there was a chance it would have been done already. It's obvious we don't rank very high on their give a **bleep** list. The Roku and Sirius/XM fan boys need to give it a rest, it take two to tango and it is both parties fault not one or the other.

I said before in the thread I am giving them the rest of this 4th week of garbage customer service since I have been a customer for so many years but my patience and loyalty have limits and I will vote with my wallet as to who gets my service and money.

I am going to look into the future and bet I don't have either this time next week but thanks for the lip service mary and others I do appreciate the position y'all are in and feel for you guys.

mjprimo1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I added favorites to SiriusXM app running on an Android tablet. And that transferred to Favorites in the Roku app.  It worked because I used same username and password as login on both devices.  Then verified those same favorites displayed in SiriusXM app running on cell phone and Android TV adapter.

0 Kudos
JBad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's good to hear I'm not the only one still following this thread for entertainment. Let the circus continue!

Now it's time for some jokes.

---

Q. How many Roku engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A. Five. Four engineers to stand around the lightbulb for weeks wondering how to fix it, and one Mary to update us on the progress.

---

Q. Why has Sirius XM not informed their own call center staff about this issue yet?

A.  It's all part of their plan to make calling Sirius XM as unpleasant of an experience as possible.

---

Q. What happened to the Sirius XM executive that authorized this upgrade despite not doing the adequate testing needed ahead of time?

A. He probably got a raise. They almost never have to take responsibility for their horrible decisions.

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Guys!! Something is different!! I have got it to play for about 40-50 minutes and it's still going as we speak. I am so confused. Maybe it still will shut off. I was using the remote to change the music channels but it still would have shut off by now. Anybody else notice anything different?

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Never mind. Still went off after about an hour.

0 Kudos
masalaav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Spoke with a support rep yesterday. His instructions were as follows:

1. open the SXM app and sign out of your account

2. delete the SXM app from the Roku

3. restart the Roku

4. reinstall the SXM app

5. login with your account credentials

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it has worked with my Ultra (4800X). At least for today, ran for more than an hour and then I shut it down manually (first time in weeks I had to do that!).

0 Kudos