Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

One other thing:

If your Roku has Power settings -- all Roku TVs and some of the current lineup, but not all have this -- then see if the inactive 20 minutes setting is checked. Uncheck it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My Philips Roku Tv only has the 15 minute and 4 hour settings. Both are unchecked. I have been DMing SiriusXM help on Twitter for about a week now and the latest thing they have told me is that the internal team is investigating this and that there will be a resolution very soon. I don't know how long very soon is but it's been two weeks and it's been frustrating not being able to listen past 20 minutes.

ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Re: SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

I tried the tracker ID.

When SXM froze, the home button was unresponsive.

When the screen went to TCL Roku, the home button was still unresponsive.

When it finally got back to the home screen I hit the home button 5 times, then the back button 5 times.

Timestamp: 2022-04-27TOO:34:53Z

Issue ID: 61-167-074

Btw, for me changing the power setting didn't affect the issue.

I have also noticed that the SXM app is very slow to respond to the remote, and it seems to have problems with its short term memory.

0 Kudos
OhitsMe

Jump to solution

Has anyone gotten this corrected yet? 

I have an RCA Roku TV. 

I've done all things suggested with no fix.

Removed app (once after logging out, once without logging out).

Tried without rebooting Roku.

Rebooted Roku through settings. 

Re-added the app. 

Contacted Sirius XM support 

Pfffft. 

I have a Phillips TV with one of the first Roku boxes. It has no issues. 

The Sirius XM in the car is fine. 

Have not tried bluetoothing the app to stereo yet. Just want this to work without all the hassle. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue.

I have passed along your information to our Support team and our team has continued investigating the issue. We'll get back to you once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.
We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JBad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@OhitsMe wrote:

Contacted Sirius XM support 

Pfffft.  

This is the thing that ticked me off the most. It's one thing to have horrible external communication to your customers, but they apparently don't even communicate internally with their own call center staff to let them know this issue is happening and that people might be calling about it. It take 5 minutes to put together an email and send it out to all applicable staff.  I don't know whether it's laziness or incompetence, but it's absolutely ridiculous.

One other thing that I haven't heard a lot of people talk about is all the other bugs that are going on with this new update. I have not seen it initiate a Screensaver function yet. RIP OLED tvs that will experience screen issues from long term use. You can't seem to skip songs or go back a song on playlists anymore. There is a favorites section, but seemingly no way to mark anything as a favorite. The recently played section does not remember anything you listened to. It's a hot mess all around. 

My subscription officially ends next week, and as I said in my prior post, I have already canceled and am moving on to other music providers.

Budley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is 100% a Roku issue. Obviously whatever update they did then caused this. I went into my Power Saving tab and turned them all off. The problem still exists with SiriusXM shutting off after 20 minutes, No other channels are affected on my Roku in streaming. SiriusXM works fine on my truck's system, my cellphone and tablet. It's just through Roku where the problem is. 

It concerns me seeing the volumes of comments on this issue over the last two weeks, and I see just a handful of responses or acknowlegements from Roku. 

Sad! 

0 Kudos
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue.

I have passed along your information to our Support team and our team has continued investigating the issue. We'll get back to you once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this thread.
We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary,

From following the threads what I can tell this seems to be an issue mostly with the "Roku Express" models. I suspect the recent update pushes more data to the device than it can gracefully handle. Most if not all of us who use a Roku device are interested in music, not graphics. I recommend Roku based the stream on if the device is connected via WiFi or Ethernet cable. If WiFi then it should limit the extra data (graphics). Since the "Express" version only uses WiFi it would eliminate the issue going forward as the SiriusXM app (channel) is becoming "Bloatware" with features no one asked for let alone want.

Kind regards,

kidkrash

post-script: I am still able to reproduce issue ID F5-221-327 on demand on both my Roku Express devices.

0 Kudos
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@kidkrash It's not just Roku express, or even primarily. I have three different brands of Roku TV (Sharp, RCA, and TCL) and they're all doing the exact same thing.

@Budley I disagree that it's a Roku issue -- I think the issue is with the Sirius XM channel. The old channel worked fine. The problems started the instant the channel auto-updated, not the instant my Roku version updated. 

0 Kudos
EM48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HI MARY,

ACTUALLY, NO, IT IS NOT THE EXPRESS ROKU; IT IS ALL ROKU TVS. 

NOT TO BE OBNOXIOUS, BUT HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THESE COMPLAINTS?  MULTIPLE BRANDS OF ROKU TV'S, NOT ONLY EXPRESS 4K OR ANY PARTICULAR BRAND (FROM INSIGNA TO LG BRANDS OF ROKU TV'S).

I READ THESE POSTS SPORATICALLY AND HAVE A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF THE PROBLEM. IT IS UNIMAGINABLE THAT BOTH ROKU AND SIRIUSXM CANT UNDERSTAND OUR ISSUES LET ALONE REPAIR THE PROBLEM.

TO REITERATE: THE UPGRADED SIRIUSXM APP IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH ROKU TV. DONT KNOW HOW MUCH CLEARER IT CAN BE SAID. AGAIN, NOT TRYING TO BE OBNOXIOUS