Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mizebonyangel
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

changing power settings do not resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
gtkenne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone, let me recap my particular situation.  I have a TCL Roku enabled TV. Since the SiriusXM upgrade two weeks ago, SIRIUSXM was cutting out and going back to the Roku home page after 15 minutes, not the 20 minutes most others reported. However, this did not happen on station 1191, and others have reported that the new stations above 1000 do not have the problem that we are all seeing.

Kariza's solution mentioned below actually helps my situation. when you go to system and adjust the power saving mode (turn it off), then Sirius XM kicks out after 20 minutes instead of the 15 minutes for those of us who have a Roku TV. I reiterate  irrespective of whether autosaving mode is on or off, channel 1191 plays continually (not continuous for you wordsmiths) , but now i get an extra 5 minutes of listening to say Real Jazz, those classic stations that we all have come to love.......

0 Kudos
Otougher

Jump to solution

Wow... Exact same problem. Except! mine is only like 5 minutes. Beyond annoying. I will have to just cancel sirius if they dont resolve this. From all the comments I guess it is the roku update, and no one can do anything about it. FANTASTIC. 

Buck3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This needs to be taken care of by Roku. Obviously, the Sirius update is the problem. Either rolli t back or let customers know that it's being resolved. You're losing customers.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sirius has told me twice that it *will not* be rolled back and that they're collaborating with Roku to resolve it "soon." I'd love to know what they think "soon" means. It's been almost 2 weeks now. That's a long time. I don't think they have the same idea of "soon" as I do. 

Shoe8

Jump to solution

This is not a solution or fix just an observation and hypothesis.

Our Sanyo Roku TV is experiencing this issue with SXM. I have no idea of the OS but I assume it is a basic level OS. We also have a Roku Ultra box which apparently has a more sophisticated OS because when we attach the box to the TV there are no problems with SXM.

Here's the hypothesis from a non-techie, the fancy graphics added by SXM  in their " upgrade " are too much for basic operating systems. We don't need graphics. It's a radio for all intents and purposes. 

Shoe8

Jump to solution

@ManPox   I needed this laugh 😂. Thanks!

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Shoe8 

With the number of people posting, it's obvious there is something going on. However, those people need to understand that this is not a universal issue.

I can listen to the SiriusXM Roku app and not have it cut off. I've been listening to it for quite some time tonight, in fact.

What's probably going to be needed is if those with issues will post the date/time of the issue, their Roku model number and OS version/build (Settings > System > About), and their SiriusXm app version/build. And maybe even the SiriusXM channel.

Something in that mix may show a pattern. But stating that it's OS 11 simply isn't the case, as my successful listening proves. There is something going on, but this will take some digging, and that will take some information.

Post it, and @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , @RokuKariza-D or one of the others may be able to take that data and pass it to the tech support team. Perhaps a pattern will emerge, and Roku can determine if it's something in the OS, or if the app is using an undocumented call that broke, or whatever the problem is.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@DBDukes wrote:

@Shoe8 

With the number of people posting, it's obvious there is something going on. However, those people need to understand that this is not a universal issue.

I can listen to the SiriusXM Roku app and not have it cut off. I've been listening to it for quite some time tonight, in fact.

What's probably going to be needed is if those with issues will post the date/time of the issue, their Roku model number and OS version/build (Settings > System > About), and their SiriusXm app version/build. And maybe even the SiriusXM channel.

Something in that mix may show a pattern. But stating that it's OS 11 simply isn't the case, as my successful listening proves. There is something going on, but this will take some digging, and that will take some information.

Post it, and @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , @RokuKariza-D or one of the others may be able to take that data and pass it to the tech support team. Perhaps a pattern will emerge, and Roku can determine if it's something in the OS, or if the app is using an undocumented call that broke, or whatever the problem is.

I only have the issue on my Roku Express devices, not my Roku branded TV'S. I think they are overloading a memory buffer. 

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just tried again and it cut off after 20 minutes again. The screen does not get dim anymore before it shuts off. What I did notice tonight is that EVERYTHING in the app is loading slower than usual. Maybe they are fixing something.

0 Kudos