Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgenoff

Re: SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

Problem with SiriusXM-- plays a couple of songs, then kicks me out to the Roku home screen. Has done this multiple times today and is getting very, very old. Never used to have this problem. Started after some kind of an update which made me sign back into the system which I've never had to do before. Whatever got updated messed up things. Getting very tired of this. Can you update the update or do something to fix this? PLEASE! 

Update: Removed Sirius app and then did a Roku system restart. I actually got Siriusxm to play music for about 45 minutes before it kicked me out of the Sirius app and back to the Roku home screen. I guess that's an improvement; but it's still not working right. It shouldn't kick me out and should play until I decide to leave the app and stop playing music.

Sweetness29449
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes that’s what happened here too. 

0 Kudos
Susan0203
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

Last weekend, I did two online chat sessions with representatives from Sirius XM. I reinstalled the app, signed out and sign back in, shut down my Internet and started it back up, but the app continued to crash. They gave me the phone number for their tech department and told me to give them a call on a weekday, but this is very frustrating because it seems the problem lies with Roku.   Everything worked fine before the Roku update, so Roku needs to figure out a way to remedy the problem.  

0 Kudos
ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have been having the same problem for a couple of weeks now. I re-loaded SiriusXM 4 or 5 times. I even did a factory reset ( what a pain in the **bleep** that was!). No change. 20 minutes play time max. A couple of times the TV shut off and re-started after freezing for a minute. For me the problem also started after an update, but there has been another update since then, yet the problem persists.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Still doing the same thing. It cannot be this hard to fix this issue and it shouldn't take this long. What is going on?!

0 Kudos
mcasella-sc-rr-
Binge Watcher

Sirius XM keeps shutting off

Jump to solution

SiriusXM keeps shutting off after about 20 minutes.  Chat is compleatly useless.  Ever since the update this has been happening.  Spoke to customer service and got nowhere.  They don't seem to understand that this is a problem that many users are having since the update.  Seems to be a no brainer to fix.  Ready to use Pandora at least we will not be getting email messages to upgrade when they even fix the current problem.  Absolutely frustrating and aggravating!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sirius XM keeps shutting off

Jump to solution

@mcasella-sc-rr- 

You already contacted SiriusXM about it? They built the app, after all.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mcasella-sc-rr-
Binge Watcher

SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Just got off the phone with SiriusXM and they are working on a fix with the shut off issue.  Asked me for the model numbers of the four tv's-told him I was not going to do that.  Same shut off with all tv's streaming.  Agreed that this issue is happening with many users.  Could not tell me how long the fix will take but at least they are aware and are working on it.  Proof will be in the pudding.  Difficult to understand the reps diction.

0 Kudos
WBJamison
Reel Rookie

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues. After 20 minutes or so, it simply shuts down and I have to restart the app. Again, I'm not sure why I'm paying for SiriusXM at this point. It's pretty useless.

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

@Susan0203 wrote:

Last weekend, I did two online chat sessions with representatives from Sirius XM. I reinstalled the app, signed out and sign back in, shut down my Internet and started it back up, but the app continued to crash. They gave me the phone number for their tech department and told me to give them a call on a weekday, but this is very frustrating because it seems the problem lies with Roku.   Everything worked fine before the Roku update, so Roku needs to figure out a way to remedy the problem.  

@Susan0203 wrote:

The solution is simple. Roku needs to roll back to the previous version which did not have this issue until a proper update can found by Roku\SiriusXM and tested prior to rolling out to production.

I would think both technical support teams would be sick of getting these chats/calls.