Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DenverJohn1
Reel Rookie

Significant Delay in Loading Xfinity Stream Channel Guide

I have 2 4K Roku TVs and a Roku 4K streaming stick. All 3 devices have a significant delay in loading the Xfinity streaming app channel guide. Up to 15 seconds for initial Guide load as well as 15 second delay with page down Guide refresh. I have a new 1000mbps modem and Mesh router. Strong signal at each device and very adequate connection speed. I have had 2 Xfinity Service home service calls as well as endless tech support calls. No one has an answer. It seems as though it is an issue of Roku incompatibility with Stream App. No one at Xfinity has ever seen or heard of this issue. Has anyone else here experienced this or have a solution? Help would be appreciated. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Significant Delay in Loading Xfinity Stream Channel Guide

Hi @DenverJohn1

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with a significant delay in loading your Xfinity Stream Channel Guide.

Could you tell us more about the issue you have and the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help!

Have you tried connecting your Roku device or TV to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, and seeing if you are experiencing the same issue?

In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star* button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device. Press Home>Settings>System>Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). System restart
  3. Re-install the channel after your Roku device restarts.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

All the best,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DenverJohn1
Reel Rookie

Mares, thanks for responding to my post. I understand this is a complicated issue. Further to this post I have tried many different actions to solve this problem. I have reloaded the app on all devices and reinstalled. I have both a strong wireless connection as well as hooking directly to the router via Ethernet. The problem persists. As indicated above the Xfinity Guide will take up to 15 seconds to load the guide as well as a similar wait as each page refreshes to the next set of stations. Relly annoying to try to see what's not on at the time. ;-).  

As stated, I have 2 Roku TV's and 3 Roku sticks, express, and 4K. Similar experience using all of them. I tried to solve the issue on the older of the 2 Roku TV's by purchasing the latest 4K Streaming stick to see if that would alleviate the issue. It did not, but did improve by a few seconds. A reasonable person might think the channels would load into some sort of buffer to be available as you scroll through the guide. Does not seem to be the case. Would appreciate any other suggestions to resolve.  Thanks

RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DenverJohn1 

Thanks for following up.

If you have already tried connecting your Roku device or TV to an alternate wireless network, like a mobile hotspot, and the issue persists, contact the customer support team for the channel provider to report the issue and get help.

Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

Thanks,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DenverJohn1
Reel Rookie

As indicated in the OP I have contacted Comcast /  Xfinity on several occasions.  Even had technicians on-site to evaluate the issue. The Application is Xfinity Stream and I'm certain it is one of the more popular apps used with Roku devices. Have you done any research regarding this issue? It definitely appears to be a Roku specific issue with this App. It is not a problem with Amazon Fire Stick.

DenverJohn1
Reel Rookie

Do I have any other support options than this community?