Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suncat7-11

Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account

Same thing here although my Disney plan though Roku is good for another couple months so I don’t want to pay twice through Disney. Roku shouldn’t be accepting subscriptions for 3rd part apps they can’t support. Better just to jailbreak a firestick and be done with the nonsense. Thanks for the fish.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Suncat7-11!

Thanks for sharing your input. Please be aware that the Disney+ app is our channel partner, and it is fully supported on the Roku platform. 

If you can't access the Disney+ app on your Roku streaming device/TV, please make sure you are using the correct email address and password you used when creating your Disney+ account. Assuming it still won't let you sign in, we'd recommend changing your password and trying again.

We would also recommend you try to contact Disney+ Customer Support for further assistance or contact their direct line at 1-407-939-5277.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
aaronlife
Reel Rookie

This what happened to me with Acorn.  However, I signed up for Acorn via my Roku app, and it only has my roku email/password.  Acorn has no record of a subsription in my name.

When you subscribe to a channel via the Roku, and it shows up in your Roku account as an active subscription, what other email could Acorn (or Disney+) possibly have to use as credentials?

Neither the Acorn app on Roku or Acorn on the Roku Channel recognize that I paid ROKU for the subscription and am supposed to have access to it.

What's worse is that Roku fails to take responsibility for this issue and provide a refund for their failure to provide a service.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aaronlife,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information here in this thread. When you subscribe through Roku Pay, the contents of the channel will only be accessible through The Roku Channel, and it requires you to log in with the credentials same as your Roku account. Also, make sure to use the credentials that are associated with your Roku account that has an active subscription to Acorn TV.

In the meantime, we recommend performing a system restart on your Roku device to refresh the channels and their content.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aaronlife
Reel Rookie

Thanks, I tried viewing Acorn through Roku Channel, but it prompted me to sign up again, it did not recognize my subscription.

I tried a system reset on the Roku itself, but that didn't help.   

Do you mean the factory reset selection in the menu? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aaronlife,

Thank you for keeping us updated!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Disney+ channel. How are you attempting to access your Disney+ channel? Is that on the Roku channel or a standalone channel?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KateQD

I am having a similar problem. I am updating multiple tvs, two with Roku streaming sticks (4k) and one with spectrum xumo box.  When opening the app for the previously existing Disney+ account on xumo I am able to login using email validation. On both Roku sticks it says it can’t log me in and the only option is to forgot password.  The password is correct since I can log in on my iPad with it.  My common factor is the Roku stick.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KateQD,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community.

We'd like to take a closer look into this and see how we can help. Have you tried logging into your account previously with these devices? Also, have you tried performing a password reset and see if that helps?

We would also recommend getting support from our channel partner and asking for further assistance with this authentication.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos