Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpnichol

Signed up for 3 months of free apple tv, got 5 weeks for £6.99

Jump to solution

So I clicked the roku link to get 3 months of apple tv for free and it was going fine. I had to create a new account at apple, but I had a screen showing that I had the 3 months for free.

The next screen on the apple website asked if I wanted to confirm a £6.99 payment or cancel. So I clicked confirm, thinking that was for the monthly subscription after the 3 months free. What happened was I replaced the 12 weeks free with 5 weeks paid.

How is that even an option? So now I have an option of cancelling (1 week free) or just paying for it.

I can cancel via itunes for some reason so I'm not going to pay but I'm not getting the 3 months free.

How do I get my 3 months free?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Signed up for 3 months of free apple tv, got 5 weeks for £6.99

Jump to solution

@cpnichol

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cpnichol

Jump to solution

Also, while I'm here, I was disgusted the first time I watched a show on Roku by an advert. I was watching a show, some mild sci fi comedy and the first advert was Tucker Carlson spouting blatent anti semitism. Not going to be watching again

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cpnichol

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
LadyVal89

Jump to solution

I was trying to sign up for the Apple TV promotion for 3 months trial on Roku using my Roku email. It asked me to use my password attached to my Roku email account but it says invalid. My password is right. I checked it out. Should I go directly to Apple TV website to sign up and will I get the same promotion? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @LadyVal89

I hope you're doing well.

I'd recommend following the suggestion posted by @RokuDanny-R above. Our billing team is the best one to help you with this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos