Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayKertezc
Reel Rookie

Shudder on the roku channel not working.

I can’t open and movies or shows through shudder on Roku channel. When I highlight the episode or film and select play it just recycles me right back to the screen. Any help? 
hisense Roku TV model 40H4

hardware id : d201x

software version: 12.5.5 build 4174 cp

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Shudder on the roku channel not working.

Hi @RayKertezc,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience of being unable to play Shudder through The Roku Channel. We'd like to know more about how we can help. To confirm, does Shudder require a subscription? If so, are you directly subscribed to The Roku Channel or through other services that offer Shudder? When did the issue start? In addition, have you tried removing the channel, restarting your Roku player, and adding the channel back?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further. Please keep us posted on what you find.

All the best,
Chel

All the best

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deeps
Reel Rookie

I have been having the same issue since yesterday. I bought a subscription for shudder through the roku channel and use the "Shudder on the Roku Channel" icon to access it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @RayKertezc and @Deeps,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with Shudder on the Roku Channel. Rest assured we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, would you mind providing us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
Your response is highly anticipated.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Deeps,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. Are you encountering any error messages or error codes? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? In addition, have you tried removing the channel, restarting your Roku player, and adding the channel back to see if it helps?

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide you with further assistance.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deeps
Reel Rookie

There is no error message. when I select play movie, it just stays on the title screen. I was watching a movie on Thursday with no issues, but Friday it started doing this both when I tried to resume the movie and start it again from the beginning. The same issue happened with new movies. There is no option to delete the "shudder on roku channel" icon, only to move or restart the app. I have tried restart but it does not help. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the additional details, @Deeps.

Our team is currently aware of the issue. Would you mind providing the steps I have requested in the above posts?

We'd like to include your affected device in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Deeps,

Thanks for the response!

Could you please provide the requested information as @RokuJanadeeK mentioned above in this thread? Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a closer look at this issue.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Deeps
Reel Rookie

Model: 4230X - Roku3

Serial number: 4E653R202902

Software Version: 12.5.5 build 4174-04

GC Version: 11.3.24

There is no Device ID listed.

Tracker ID: 02-169-728

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up details, @Deeps.

No worries, we have passed along the following information to the appropriate team for further investigation. Once an update is available, we'll keep this thread posted.

We appreciate your understanding and patience in the meantime.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos