Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

Re: Severe color/contrast distortion while Plex-streaming HEVC+EAC3 videos.

How many files do you have in the database? When the program starts it scans your movie folder. If that is remote or usb it might take a bit,. But it should eventually finish.... I'm not sure what to tell you.

I know quite a few people that use this. And no issues like that. Let me ping some people.

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins

I contacted them...they got back to me and said they were going to create a test build to send to me to debug... whatever that means. God I hope I'm smart enough to get through that.... LOL

anyway - I'm not sure what you mean by scanning folders...I don't really scan any folders with the program (at least I didn't think I did) ... all I do is open the program... drag the files from a folder into the program... run the profile...it says recompress complete....

0 Kudos
dogsoap
Channel Surfer

@GoPenguins

Yes, I have tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java being installed with no luck.

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins

So i got my other laptop that has never had recompressor on it... I went through and downloaded, installed Java and it worked fine..... perfectly fine.... but this is not the laptop I like to use....I feel like something got corrupted and I need to remove all traces of the program... I feel like something is being left behind causing issues and I'm not how to get all traces off and just start fresh

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

I've never had any issues. Kind of wondering how its even possible for it to not run. I've run it on so many different computers.... When I say scan, its like many audio programs scan for mp3s, this app scan only 1 folder for videos, like mkv's. Just look at your settings for moviePath, it is like many programs, just looking at your home video folder. That's what I mean by scan

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins

Picture it... You open the program....You have a season of episodes you want to remove color. You go to the season and highlight all episodes and drag them into recompressor....and you drop them there...but they don't show up...You notice that just before you drop, there is a Circle with a line through it as if it's telling you dropping here is NOT allowed.... You close the program.... Open the program again only, now, it won't open... Nothing happens. You go to task manager, you see it running... you see java running and makemkv running...Until you end those tasks, the program won't open again.... and yet on my other laptop where I recently installed it... smooth as silk. Drag, drop, execute command, done.

I even tried system restore to restore computer to 3 days ago... Same

0 Kudos
dogsoap
Channel Surfer

@GoPenguinsFor whatever reason it hates my desktop, but I was able to get this up and running on a spare laptop. Didn't dawn on me to try it elsewhere. 😅

Is there a way to execute a profile on multiple folders? Or do I need to place all of my movies into one giant folder (currently they separated into individual folders for Plex naming).

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

Not that I know of, but it's a good request. You can send a support request. They could certainly add that feature.

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@dogsoap

It's such a fast process that doing individual folders isn't that big of a deal unless you just have a massive amount of folders (luckily I didn't).... It doesn't like one of my computers either but works great on the other one LOL

0 Kudos
dogsoap
Channel Surfer

@GoPenguinsThanks for helping out. I have yet to test the results but I'm slogging my way through the 2000 folders I've got, haha. If this can save my relationship with Roku then it was definitely worth it (really didn't want to have to go the Android box or Apple TV route now that my family and extended family is invested in Roku and uses our family Plex server).

@1DayAfterAnotheI've got a lot of folders, but I figure if I only have to do it one time it's a worthwhile sacrifice, haha. Just have to remember to do it for any new media that I add as well!

0 Kudos