Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kcecile91
Level 7

Searching Channel Store not available

I had several apps such as Amazon Prime, Disney plus, etc on my Roku tv. I had a serious issue that required factory reset. Now I do not have the option to search for any apps in the channel store except from the pre-prepared list, which does not have any of my previous apps except Netflix. Help

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Searching Channel Store not available

@Kcecile91 

Can you think of any reason why your account may not be identified as USA? Was it ever not?

Not saying that is the cause of your issue, but that has been the cause for some people in the past, so I wanted to bring it up early in the conversation.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kcecile91
Level 7

I’m not sure why it would not be identified as USA. I had access to the search function until I factory reset my t.v. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Kcecile91,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Upon checking you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region.

For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Otherwise, please reach out to our accounts team directly. They can be contacted at http://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option for "Accounts and Billing." This should resolve the error you are seeing.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
acoward1
Level 7

I have a similar problem, but I have a NEW Roku Express 4K+ right out of the box.  I live in the US.  My IP address is in the US.

However, I have no search function, and no Disney channel or Amazon Channel.

It seems that there is no way to contact Roku about this!  The "contact us" option simply states that this blog is the only way to address a problem.

Gotta say, I'm a little frustrated.

Any Roku employee out there want to keep a customer (happy) and figure this out with me?

Thanks

-Andrew

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @acoward1

We're here to help!

Upon checking, you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, therefore, you are encountering issues within a channel, and a feature that is available in certain regions.

As @RokuMary-F previously said, we recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in the US, the account's region will automatically be set in the US as well. If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
acoward1
Level 7

Hi Kariza - 

How is this possible?  I live in the US.  Bought the ROKU in the US.  Created my account in the US.

I've gone ahead and reactivated my account.

I've having trouble now linking my ROKU with my account.  

Can you help please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @acoward1,

Thanks for following up.

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We recommend restarting your Roku Express 4K+, go to Settings > System > System restart.

In addition, we also suggest performing a system update (Settings > System > System Update) does not resolve the issue of the Search option missing on your home page, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in further investigating this problem.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please try this and if the issue persists kindly provide the information needed to investigate.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos