Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bbigsby

Search the web with google

I added Search The Web With google App on my TV. I ended up canceling my subscription because it doesn't work. But now I don't have the option to delete the app even though I went through all the necessary steps to do so. Please help me delete this off my Roku device

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Search the web with google

@Bbigsby 

First, go to your online dashboard and sign in to your account at https://www.roku.com/.  Then look under the "Manage Account" for "Manage your Subscriptions".  Make sure your Search the Web with Google subscription is not showing as active there.

Once cancelled, try highlighting the Search the Web with Google channel/app tile on your Roku Home Screen and pressing the asterick (*) button on your Roku remote and selecting "Remove Channel".

Unfortunately, a second method of performing a Search for the Channel/app from the device and then selecting "Remove Channel" no longer works with Roku OS 12.  (only options are to Install or Open Channel).

However, you can try Removing Channels from the official Roku remote app found in the Play/Apple Stores.  Once installed and selecting the device to connect to, you can go to "Channels" and perform a long press on the channel/app.  You should be presented an option to Launch or Remove Channel.  (You can also just use the Search Roku box at the top, type in Search the Web with Google and then should also be presented the option to Remove Channel).

Support article regarding the Roku mobile app can be found here if you do not already have it installed on your mobile device. https://support.roku.com/article/217288467

----

Really have to verify that your subscription is actually cancelled though first as that is a pre-requisite/requirement before Roku will allow you to remove a subscription channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Search the web with google

If it was paid through Roku, and is a monthly or similar subscription, you may not be able to remove it until the subscription expires.

0 Kudos