Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outlaw30-06
Binge Watcher

Search feature not showing any free movies on free movie channel, only rent/buy

For the last couple of months, when using the search feature on the Roku home screen on any of my devices, the search will not return options to view a movie that’s free or on a free channel with free content. The only options you get in the search feature are  rent/buy options. It didn’t used to be that way. For example, I was looking for the movie insidious Chapter 3. The search feature shows every insidious movie, except chapter 3, and even though I pay for subscription channels where several of the insidious movies are available to me at no additional cost, that option is not given to me when I click on that specific movie. Only options where I can rent or buy the movie. Insidious Chapter 3 is on Tubi TV. Free to anyone without a subscription. However, the title of insidious Chapter 3 doesn’t even show up on the Roku search feature because the only place you can watch it right now for free that I know of is Tubi TV. I looked on other channels where I would possibly be able to rent or buy it, and the title is unavailable on those channels at this time. So, because I cannot rent or buy it anywhere, Roku search doesn’t even show The title at all anywhere. Even though, like I said, it’s free to watch it on Tubi TV. What’s up with this Roku? Please fix this. This is ridiculous I completely defeats, the purpose of even having the dam* Roku. 

1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Search feature not showing any free movies on free movie channel, only rent/buy

Hi @outlaw30-06,

Warm greetings from the Roku community, and thanks for reaching out about this.

It's possible that the content was removed, as TV show and movie content availability may vary at times. We would recommend checking periodically to see if the content returns in the future.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos