Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debzdunit
Channel Surfer

Scripps news isn't working. Why?

Jump to solution

We watch Scripps news nearly every day, but the last 2 days it won't load.  Why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
debzdunit
Channel Surfer

Re: Scripps news isn't working. Why?

Jump to solution

We tried all that and it still isn't working.  Tried going to Scripps website but no help there.  Gonna have to try their FB if it still isn't working today.   🤔☹️

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @debzdunit,

We appreciate you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience and we're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Scripps News.

We recommend performing the below steps and see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device
  2. Power cycle the Roku device, by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device back to the power
  3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
debzdunit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We tried all that and it still isn't working.  Tried going to Scripps website but no help there.  Gonna have to try their FB if it still isn't working today.   🤔☹️

0 Kudos
Shelaja
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have tried everything you mentioned to get Scripps to work (two times) and it still won't load.🤷‍♀️

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shelaja,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with the Scripps channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Please be advised that each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
debzdunit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried going to Scripps Networks online and every link I try to follow goes to a page that can't be found!  So I tried their FB page and I am not getting any help there either.  Please do you have any other ideas to help me?  It used to be good and reliable.  We used to watch Newsy a lot, too.  Do you know of any kind of way we might be getting blocked from this channel?  Please help!

0 Kudos
Shelaja
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have three Rokus in our home and Scripps News won't load and play on only one of the three.  I have no idea what the difference is between the three, I did.  I moved it to another TV and tried to load it from there and it won't.  I honestly think it has something to do with the model of Roku that we have that isn't allowing something to happen.🤷‍♀️

I don't know if this helps or not but I just wanted to put this out there from a very un tech savy person

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing issues when playing content on the Scripps channel. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Scripps channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. We would recommend reaching out to the Scripps channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.
In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
debzdunit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After trying all your suggestions and providing the requested information, I still cannot get Scripps!  Please help me to fix this!

0 Kudos
debzdunit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

AGAIN:

3800X Roku Streaming stick

YF00FT606135

12.0.0    BUILD  4186-55

Device id:  CT382F606135

0 Kudos