Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Designguru1
Level 7

Screen stuck on "new Roku iOS 10" Pop-up

I  accessed Roku as always. A lavender screen popped up with info about iOS 10 features. I tried "no Thanks".  The answer was a "doink" I tried exiting -same problem. This screen has been locked for 24 hours. (I even tried the "tell me more" button.  I pulled the usb, & reinserted. Nothing. The only way to exit is to go back to regular tv.  In the middle of this, I changed batteries.  Nothing.   Any Bright ideas?  Or should I cancel all the subscribed channels because I cannot access them?  By the way, on initiating Roku I see the home screen, then get the pop-up.  

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
VH_SF
Level 7

Re: Screen stuck on "new Roku iOS 10" Pop-up

Same exact issue here. It's maddening. The screen will not let me get out of the "Roku New Features are here" screen. I even unplugged the Roku from the TV and plugged it back in. Cannot get to Roku home screen.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Don't unplug the Roku from the TV - unplug the power from the Roku.  If you don't see the startup animation when you plug it back in you didn't unplug the right cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I too have this problem. Screen is frozen on the Introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen, and a scratchy noise is coming through the earbuds. I unplugged from the wall, waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in again. The Roku animated screen started up and then went to the Roku home screen and then to the Introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen and froze there. The remote control is now useless and I can't get off this screen. This seems to be a problem with the newly downloaded operating system so I hope Roku staff can fix this immediately.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Lordofthemanor, it's strange how some people have reported that restarting the Roku gets rid of it and some people have reported that it doesn't help.  I can see how annoying this can be.  Assuming you don't have a RokuTV, does the light on the Roku device flash when you press a button on the remote?  I wonder if trying to pair the remote again would help.  Try unplugging the power from the Roku and press and hold the button in the battery compartment until the light starts flashing.  Plug in the Roku and see what happens once it restarts.  If you have the Roku app on your phone/tablet you might want to try its remote feature assuming it locates your Roku device.

My only other suggestion, which I rarely make, is to factory reset the Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dkendall1
Level 7

I had this extremely irritating problem.  I followed the advice of unplugging the power from the Roku and restarting and this has solved the problem.

0 Kudos
VH_SF
Level 7

Fixed it. Thank you to those who posted the solution: unplug the power from the Roku device (versus the TV) then turn on Roku again. Hopefully this works for everyone. 

0 Kudos
IanMarkind
Level 7

Same issue. Unplugging doesn't work for me. The new Roku OS essentially bricked my Roku 😠

0 Kudos

Try new batteries in the remote. That's what fixed my same problem.

0 Kudos
JSD4
Level 7

I just successuflly fixed the problem by unplugging the power cord from the Roku stick and waiting about 30 seconds.  It rebooted to the home screen.  Good luck everyone!

0 Kudos