Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcalabrese
Channel Surfer

Scanned Channels from Antennae not sticking

Jump to solution

Scanned channels from an Antennae are not sticking after I shut the TV off and turn back on.  They disappear and I need to scan each time I turn the TV on.  I'm scanning under TV Input - Live TV under the Antennae option.  I don't have a cable box just an antennae.  Of note, I restarted the TV already and tried to locate an Antennae input under TV Input and its not there.  I can't add an input for Antennae either.  Just the Live TV option is under input where I am scanning from.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Scanned Channels from Antennae not sticking

Jump to solution

@kcalabrese 

"Just the Live TV option is under input where I am scanning from..."

That particular Live TV input is your Antenna/OTA input.  Go ahead and rename that input to Antenna (or whatever else you want) under Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Rename.

You should see this Live TV (Antenna) input on your Home Screen as a tile. This is the Antenna/OTA input.  The Live TV on the left hand side menu is for streaming channels (not for antenna).

In order to watch Antenna/OTA, you must select the tile.  You can also hide the streaming channels from your tile input (so you just get local OTA channels) in Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kcalabrese 

"Just the Live TV option is under input where I am scanning from..."

That particular Live TV input is your Antenna/OTA input.  Go ahead and rename that input to Antenna (or whatever else you want) under Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Rename.

You should see this Live TV (Antenna) input on your Home Screen as a tile. This is the Antenna/OTA input.  The Live TV on the left hand side menu is for streaming channels (not for antenna).

In order to watch Antenna/OTA, you must select the tile.  You can also hide the streaming channels from your tile input (so you just get local OTA channels) in Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

kcalabrese
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Excellent.  Thank you AVSGunnar as I believe that solved the issue.  It also may have solved the problem of Alexa Fire Cube not turning the TV on.  However, I can't get Alexa to tune to specific channels on the TV.  It opens up to the Fire Input at least to start the TV.  

0 Kudos