Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TVMax
Reel Rookie

Re: SPANISH ADVERTISEMENTS

I don't think this community was supposed to turn into Twitter Lite.....and I still got no answer to my original question. I did answer it on my own though. I checked the apps on a different streaming platform and guess what? NO Spanish commercials. This is Roku intentionally inserting Spanish lingo ads and it is getting worse & more numerous. If there is a Roku Admin monitoring this Community and can weigh-in....I'm all ears. In the meantime I have only one additional comment: Let's Go Brandon!

I live in rural Oregon. I watch a "local" channel to get weather and after checking with that stations, it is NOT the station inserting Spanish language ads (right now for Acura, but also had Pepsi, Target and others around holidays. I get so tired of them playing over and over in a 20 minute newscast that I end up shutting off the TV! 

CH858

Amen! I'm on the same page as you. This has been driving me nuts! 

0 Kudos
rebelone74

Im tired on hearing this god dam bull **bleep**. Please do only american ads. I want hear plain old english. If i wanted to hear this. I turn on spanish channel. Frankly i have nothing against these people. Just i hate hearing their language. Pisses me off enough hearing it in stores. Now i got hear it on my streaming to. And im watching ice road truckers in english. So kindly keep the beaners off my roku

No this should be a Roku issue as it is happening on all of their Channels. I have removed a few channels due to this issue because it does bother me. If I wanted Spanish ads, I would tune in to a Spanish channel but I do not want it. If I am paying for a service, why should I pay for something that has nothing to do with me? My hard earned money (and in today's age this is truly hard earned) should go to what I pay for, not what "others" want.

0 Kudos
cfanguy

Same problem. Fixed mine by going to Settings->Privacy->Advertising ->Reset advertising identifier.