Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayMastr

Re: TNT app after Roku update

Jump to solution

It started yesterday which was 5/25/23 and it seems to only be TNT and TBS both owned by the same company. Other apps like ABC, ESPN, USA all work fine as well as the main apps like disney, paramount, hbo all work fine.

System is up to date, and so are both TNT and TBS apps. I am unable to even bring the app up to log out of the service provider and log back in. Just an instant error that says the app isn't available in your area and your only option is to hit the home screen button on the roku remote.

JDDjr

Jump to solution

same deal here

0 Kudos
FakeJackBlack
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F Your first solution worked! Thanks

0 Kudos
Dolfanax13

Jump to solution

TNT and TBS both not working. I have also followed all suggested steps. I am having the same issues, App not available in your area or location. All other apps are working fine. Basketball game is on tomorrow. Please get this fixed. ASAP.

• When did this issue first start occurring? Yesterday  Thursday 5-25 (as far as I know)
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? TNT and TBS
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know. Its says "TNT App not available in your area or location." 
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? I have deleted app and reinstalled it. I have checked for updates. I have unplugged Roku for 5 minutes and for 30 minutes. It is happening on several versions of Rokus.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Comcast Xfinity customer service said TNT intentionally made this change to limit streaming access 

I noticed it is now not available through many other services although available through Sling

So it appears to be a TNT issue

was Roku informed of the coding change?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
jeffielover
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TNT isn't the issue.  I had the app on my phone it worked just fine I tried casting to my ROKU TV and I still received the not available in my area message.  So not a TNT issue it's the update they did that change a mapping issue or coding with that app.

hateloudads
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the exact same issue last night TNT (trying to watch basketball), TBS and TruTV.  I contacted support at TNT, TBS and TruTV, they said they're aware of the issue, and it's only happening on Roku devices.  I ended up watching the game on my laptop through Xfinity.  I went to live TV on TNT on my laptop.  It worked fine, but hardly the same as watching on the big screen.  While I was watching the game on my laptop, I tried all the steps Mary suggested for my Roku TV (I actually have 3 of them), and nothing worked.

Tonight, I got home from a long day of work, and put on CNN like I do every night, and I got the exact same error message, OOPS  Sorry the CNN app is not available in your area.  What the you know what??  It's giving the same error message on all 3 Roku devices.

0 Kudos
hateloudads
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As a follow up, I tried deleting the channels, going to Settings/System/Power/System Restart, then from the Home screen, I added CNN, signed back in through Xfinity, and it worked.  I tried the same thing with TNT, and it already had me signed in.

The strange thing was there was a whole new Roku interface when I added the channels back.  This wasn't the case last night, it was the same interface I've been used to for 2 years when I bought these TCL Roku TVs.  Maybe it took a few extra days for the software update to happen on my TVs.

We'll see how long this lasts.  Now if only Roku and the CBS app could work better.  On CBS, I have to sign out and sign back in every single time I want to watch something.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We apologize for the issue and believe the channel is fully resolved. If you're still experiencing troubles with channel playback on TNT, TBS, PBS, or CNN, please restart your device from the Settings menu by navigating to Home > Settings > System > Power > Restart.

We're going to go ahead and close this thread now, but if you're still experiencing an issue after performing a restart from the settings menu, go ahead and start up a new thread and let us know what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.