Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobLfoot
Channel Surfer

SEAL TEAM no longer on Paramount+???

Jump to solution

At 5pm this afternoon my wife and I watched an episode of Seal Team with our Roku Premiere and Paramount+ Essential subscription.  Now at 9pm I tried to watch another episode and Seal Team in no longer on my Continue Watching List.  It is also not found by the search function.  Yet the web says it should be there.  Whats up?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Re: SEAL TEAM no longer on Paramount+???

Jump to solution

I just tried on both Roku (2 devices) and Xbox, and had no problem. Granted, I am subscribed directly rather than through Roku. If you are subscribed through Roku (a BAD idea), unsubscribe and subscribe directly through Paramount website (this will cost you money if you are on an annual plan vs monthly). NEVER subscribe to a channel/app via Roku...just use the Roku to watch. Never put your eggs in one basket no matter how "convenient" (because convenience will ALWAYS bite you in the you know what, and in the long run never be convenient) or even "cheap" it may seem. Sometimes it may even cost more subscribing through Roku rather than direct (I'm looking at you, Magellan TV).

And, this may get me banned, or at least edited, use a DVD-R and record to that using a product that bypasses the HDMI copy protection. Just to be clear, everything I record has been paid for, not "rented", ...but, well, YMMV. By an amazing coincidence, I just recorded season 1 on DVD via Roku (and the Paramount plus app that I paid for directly via yearly). WOW, huh? And I intend to record all 6 seasons in the next few hours. But, again, I am subscribed via CBS/Paramount itself. If you are subscribed via Roku...STOP. If you are a monthly subscriber, use the Paramount app, and stop your Roku sub. If you are an annual subscriber, stop your Roku sub and subscribe directly as soon as you feel comfortable to.

Having said that (and this is the most pertinent part, if not the most important), it may not be a Roku problem, just a temporary Paramount one. This is par for the course, and, as much as you and I don't like it, streaming is going to have hiccups that lasts hours if not days on various servers (another reason to have a physical copy rather than virtual). Streaming services are going to have "hiccups", no matter what device you use and no matter what service it is. Chill out unless it is longer than 24 hours (or check downdectector.com).

View solution in original post

BobLfoot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well whatever the issue things are back up and working this morning.

The real strangeness is it was just Seal Team none of the other Paramount+ shows I stream.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
denngeor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. WTF? 

0 Kudos
Dude4

Jump to solution

Yes I'm having the same problem 

0 Kudos
denngeor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This situation is unacceptable! Roku or Paramount need to correct this situation immediately. Watching Seal Team is one of the reasons I subscribe to Paramount.

0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I just tried on both Roku (2 devices) and Xbox, and had no problem. Granted, I am subscribed directly rather than through Roku. If you are subscribed through Roku (a BAD idea), unsubscribe and subscribe directly through Paramount website (this will cost you money if you are on an annual plan vs monthly). NEVER subscribe to a channel/app via Roku...just use the Roku to watch. Never put your eggs in one basket no matter how "convenient" (because convenience will ALWAYS bite you in the you know what, and in the long run never be convenient) or even "cheap" it may seem. Sometimes it may even cost more subscribing through Roku rather than direct (I'm looking at you, Magellan TV).

And, this may get me banned, or at least edited, use a DVD-R and record to that using a product that bypasses the HDMI copy protection. Just to be clear, everything I record has been paid for, not "rented", ...but, well, YMMV. By an amazing coincidence, I just recorded season 1 on DVD via Roku (and the Paramount plus app that I paid for directly via yearly). WOW, huh? And I intend to record all 6 seasons in the next few hours. But, again, I am subscribed via CBS/Paramount itself. If you are subscribed via Roku...STOP. If you are a monthly subscriber, use the Paramount app, and stop your Roku sub. If you are an annual subscriber, stop your Roku sub and subscribe directly as soon as you feel comfortable to.

Having said that (and this is the most pertinent part, if not the most important), it may not be a Roku problem, just a temporary Paramount one. This is par for the course, and, as much as you and I don't like it, streaming is going to have hiccups that lasts hours if not days on various servers (another reason to have a physical copy rather than virtual). Streaming services are going to have "hiccups", no matter what device you use and no matter what service it is. Chill out unless it is longer than 24 hours (or check downdectector.com).

BobLfoot
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well whatever the issue things are back up and working this morning.

The real strangeness is it was just Seal Team none of the other Paramount+ shows I stream.

0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The fact that you said it fixed itself proves my point. It doesn't mean it's "right", but does mean that it is the way that it is.

If you stream on multiple apps, this is not "strange", but "happens all of the time". It shouldn't, but it does, and complaining about it just wastes your time and mine. People like you (and me in the past) complain, are ignored, and well...figure it out. Not enough people complain to get anything done.

To be fair, MOST of the time it is temporary, and the complaints are ridiculous. But the legitimate complaints are lost among the ridiculous.

denngeor
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank all of you for the replies!

0 Kudos