Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTR1
Reel Rookie

Rumble videos not playing

Has anyone else experienced trying to play Trump videos on Rumble, like this one https://rumble.com/vycb3v-live-president-donald-j.-trump-in-commerce-ga.html mref=6zof&mc=dgip3&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Donald+J.+Trump&ep=2, all you get either a black screen or sound only , are these type of videos being blocked?, it certainly would seem so

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rumble videos not playing

@JTR1 

It just took a little bit to load (a little longer than usual).  I pressed FF and it seemed to trigger it showing on screen.  Once it starts to stream you will have to further FF until 15 min or so before you get actual video. (This was a livestream, so first 15 min with just "Starting Soon" page with contributors/donor list scrolling.  (3hr 47min total)

---

All the other videos on the Donald J. Trump subscription seemed to work fine.

FYI, for the rallies, RSBN is always a good one to follow.

I watch alot of Rumble and sometimes Rumble itself just has some issues and the creators even some issues getting their videos to work on the Rumble Channel.  Normally, if you are experiencing an issue with Rumble on the Roku platform, see if you watch the creator on the Rumble website and cast it to your Roku. (alternatively, laptop with hdmi cable directly to your tv).

Good to get into the habit of finding various ways to stream your content to your TV in case there is an issue with the Channel/app or if something more nefarious occurs in the future.

In this case, though, it appears to be working - just taking a bit of time to load content.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JTR1
Reel Rookie

Ok thanks for checking it out as well, I'll give it a go, but it seems to happen regularly only on political videos try any other type and they play normally, which I Find a little strange...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@JTR1 

Just an extra FYI...

If you are trying to watch a previously recorded livestream, usually no issue. (however, with Rumble, the complete livestream has to be uploaded after commencement - it is not immediately saved like with Youtube or other video platforms, so may be unavailable for awhile while creator is completing process.)

If you are trying to watch a livestream on Rumble while it is in progress, and are having an issue (like it is not starting or shows a introduction message like "stream is starting or the like", sometimes I find it necessary to do a "System Restart" of my Roku device(s) in order for it to work.  (Normally, I always check Rumble online first to see if actually a Rumble issue).

I understand your concerns, but Rumble and RumbleTV do have some Channel/app issues.  Their initial release of the Channel/app rarely worked but it has gotten much better over the last year.  They still have some issues with their Channel and Video Search features, so you may find that if you have issues adding subscriptions to creators, you may have to do it online, then do a system update and system restart on the Roku device for it to appear.  (Channel/app still seems to be a work in progress.)

Feel free to post any other issues you are having and will be happy to check them out for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos