Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BipolarGirl48
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku won't accept Sling password

Jump to solution

Had same issue you have to change sling password not sure why but I changed mine and worked perfectly. 

0 Kudos
Nocomcast1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. Yes- I did double check this after not doing so the first few times.

It wouldn't be the first time I mixed up 00 or oo. I forgot to mention that my new 65" LG

is not using Roku, maybe that's why I'm not having a problem with this one. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Nocomcast1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I know it is a year later, it's now 03/20/24, but if u still have a Sling the phone  number is 1-888-309-0838.

A real human being will answer the phone- there was a 9 minute wait.

0 Kudos
Nocomcast1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's now a year later and this problem with Sling is still happening, there are no more valid excuses.

Someone has to be responsible for this debacle - firing and replacement is best.

0 Kudos
gadgetssai
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Facing difficulty with Roku not accepting Sling password. Verified password correctness and attempted re-entry multiple times, but issue persists. Restarted Roku device and checked internet connection, yet unable to resolve. Considering resetting Sling password or contacting Roku support for further assistance.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Sling channel. We're happy to help.
Could you give the basic troubleshooting sequence below a try?

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact their support, as this issue may be specific to them and may require an update. They are also the best ones to help with your login credential issues with their channel.

We hope this gets sorted out soon. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.