Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Re: Roku updated and have lost all my Antenna channels.

Jump to solution

Also you should go back and read the PAGES of comments regarding this. I will tell you that the ONLY solution UNTIL you fix it is... go hide streaming channels.  If you're going to be a moderator, please familiarize yourself with the issues at hand, not just 1 complaint when there's far far far more just like it

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @MrsNut 

We are sorry to hear that you have encountered an issue with your Antenna channels. We fully understand the inconvenience this may have caused, and we would like to express our sincere apologies for any frustration you may have experienced. Our team is committed to resolving this issue as quickly as possible, but in order to do so, we kindly request your assistance in providing us with additional details. Please share with us the following information, which will allow us to conduct a thorough investigation and provide a timely resolution.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We hope to hear a response from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well, I'm not doing that.. AGAIN! I already gave all that info to two other mods. I suggest you get it from them. I see the there's a lack of communication within Roku, may be this is why you can't fix something. I simply can not believe you asked me to give you info I already gave, twice!!

0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I forgot, when I gave all the info you just asked for, several others gave theirs as well. The very same info you  just asked for. So I suggest you go back the the board and find the posts that we all gave our info to the mods. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This is acknowledged, @MrsNut.

Rest assured that we have included your device in the process of investigation and this is also acknowledged by our relevant Roku team.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and the confusion. No worries! Once we've been notified of updates regarding the process of investigation, we will make sure to let you know. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm very curious then why would a Mod ask for the information that was already given, then also say to restart system? Maybe someday we'll get our channels back as we had when we purchased our devices. 

0 Kudos
tcp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just Bought a RCA Roku TV.  During boot it "updated" and it does exactly the same thing.  The Antenna channels disappear every time power is turned off.  We bought this TV to watch Antenna Channels and specifically because it has a tuner built in, not necessarily for Roku.  What a royal pain to find out about this problem.  It's a simple software fix that worked in previous firmware.  Fix it!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @tcp 

It's our pleasure to welcome and assist you here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing with us the issue you've encountered, and we're truly sorry to hear about the trouble and inconvenience this has caused your streaming experience. For us to address this issue further, we'd like to ask for the information that @RokuCarly has requested above this thread. Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team who's task is to investigate and address the underlying issue.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrsNut
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Are you serious? Do you people read or communicate with each other? Do you like treating us like hampsters on an endless wheel? May I give to you a post from JANUARY, yes, JANUARY of this year that I provided along with several others the info you and she requested. If you would, I took the liberty of copy and paste. Please spare everyone the "restart" in the power menu, that solution was apparently from someone who was new.  So once again for your reading pleasure, the info. I hope this time someone takes note of it. This issue has been going on since long before I chimed in and complained. So, I don't know what you're trying to pull aside from making yourselves look incompetent on fixing something. If it was just me or a couple people, that would be one thing, but there's a lot of people this is happening to. So please take my info seriously as I should not have to keep being asked for it over and over and over. 

‎01-29-2024 06:20 AM

@RokuJanadeeK  @RokuCarly  

I'm finally getting back, sorry but I had things that needed my attention. I checked all my tv's last night and they all did the same thing with ROKU. Two of them are older Samsungs with a ROKU stick attached. Those two with the ROKU stick no longer have Antenna TV even available. In each setting menu on both there is not even an area to scan for local TV. It has been about 2 months since I've used the one and at that time, I was able to watch my local news and network stations. No longer. This is upsetting because I'm about to be couch-bound for a while.  NEXT, you wanted the other TV that keeps "forgetting" the antenna channels. Here is the information you requested. 

Westinghouse ROKU TV

Model WR32HX2019

S/N YK00DN775221

Software version 12.5 build 4171-AX

Device ID 34817D756221

Issue Report Tracker

Model 8518X-Roku Tv

S/N YK00DN775221 (34817D756221)

Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-AX

GC version 10.6.34

Timestamp 2024 01 29TO1:36.24Z

ID21-040-416 to report the current issue or ID21-040-418

I used the tracker 2 times 

0 Kudos
tcp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So, after spending an inordinate amount of time on this, I have a fix.  It seems there are two "live tv" sections within the firmware.  Horrible coding, but it seems to exist.  One has access to the antenna channels, the other doesn't.

If you follow the instructions below exactly, you access the "live tv" (and rename it) that has access to the actual OTA channels you have set.  If you simply chose the "live tv" button in the shortcuts, you only have  access the ROKU streaming channels.

This information came from the user "AvsGunnar" here:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Lost-all-antenna-and-live-channels-this-evenin...

The instructions I followed are pasted below:

Instead of looking for Settings/TV Inputs/Antenna TV, try looking for Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV.  Then "Enable" this Input. (it may be listed under Unused Inputs")

Then go to Settings/TV Inputs/Rename and change it to Antenna (or whatever you want to call it).

When you want to watch your OTA/Antenna/Local Channels, make sure you select this new Antenna Input tile from the Home Screen.

-----

By default in Roku OS 11, Antenna TV Input was renamed LiveTV,, but Roku also added a Menu Item on the left side of Home Screen also called LiveTV.   The Live TV Menu Item only shows Streaming Channels from the Roku Channel LiveTV.  In order to watch your OTA/Antenna channels, you must select the LiveTV Input tile from the Home Screen. (this is the one mentioned above that is can be renamed Antenna or whatever you wish).

If you want the Antenna Input to only contain local channels, you can hide the Streaming Channels by going to Settings/TV Inputs/[Antenna aka LiveTV]/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels.

-----

Many users are selecting the LiveTV from the left side Menu and wondering why their OTA channels are missing.  They are not missing.  Roku made a confusing decision to name two features the same LiveTV by default but perform different functions.

Others users are experiencing issues with some RokuTVs that seem to lose the OTA channels from memory, so not sure which issue you are actually experiencing.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.