Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku unable to keep watch history

Jump to solution

I’m having issues with several Roku streaming sticks. Apple TV+, MAX and Prime are confirmed cases. I’m tired of the suggestions here “it is the developer that needs to fix it, not Roku. This is happening across multiple apps only when in Roku.

If I’m watching from my TV (no Roku) and decide to move to another room, I can continue watching where I left (as is expected). When I watch from the Roku (any app) and decide to move to the living room TV (no Roku) there’s history of what I had watched in the Roku. Very annoying issue over months now. I have given up on Roku and will getting Amazon Firesticks (they don’t have this issue, I just confirmed). I’m very disappointed with Roku. I can search “watch history” in this forum and find a few posts with the same story, only they only complain about one app a time. I use the Rokus a lot and with multiple apps having the issue I think Roku has the issue and might not know how to fix it. Thanks in advances for all the “remove the app and re add” or cycle power. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku unable to keep watch history

Jump to solution

@MaleusDavo88, think what you want, but Roku doesn't keep any kind of watch history except for The Roku Channel.  It's up to each app and provider to keep their own history.  There are plenty of poorly written Roku apps, but that doesn't make it Roku's fault when they have nothing to do with the vast majority of apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku unable to keep watch history

Jump to solution

@MaleusDavo88, think what you want, but Roku doesn't keep any kind of watch history except for The Roku Channel.  It's up to each app and provider to keep their own history.  There are plenty of poorly written Roku apps, but that doesn't make it Roku's fault when they have nothing to do with the vast majority of apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.