Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wado13mexico
Level 7

Roku tv working fine until updated. None of the apps will open now, they all stay loading.

Hello I cannot open ANY of my apps or streaming apps. I have had my Roku tv about 3 years too. It was working fine yesterday until I saw something telling me to update it. So I did. Now the channels do not work. They all just say, “loading YouTube”…. And it stays like that. I’ve tried the manual restart home x5, up once and rewind 2x and fastword 2x and no luck. Also did the system power down feature. I have not reset to factory settings because I don’t want to lose anything. My devices’ info is as follows: 

Roku device model: Roku Tv 7111X

TCL model: 55S401
-Serial number:YN00UP545969
-Device ID: CN500U545969
-Software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4209-30

any help would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku tv working fine until updated. None of the apps will open now, they all stay loading.

Try going to Settings->System->System update and check for an update.  Hopefully you'll be offered an "update" to 10.0.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Whitney83
Level 9

Re: Roku tv working fine until updated. None of the apps will open now, they all stay loading.

I just did the system update and it offered me 10.0. Thank you!! Everything is working now!

0 Kudos
Wado13mexico
Level 7

I am all up to date on updates. I’ve been seeing on here Roku as of 11/22/2021 said they’re having a lot of issues with customers with older Rokus getting the update. Thank you anyways. 

0 Kudos
Nccat
Level 7

I have a roku 2. System updated this morning at 2 am and deleted all of my channels. When I try to reload them, it states that I am out of space and need to remove some channels. I can't remove what is not there. Does roku not have a customer support number?

0 Kudos