Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku sometimes causes TV to reset when powered on

Hey all.  Has anyone had this happen and maybe have a fix?  I have a Sony Bravia TV with a roku ultra hooked up to it.  Most of the time, when I press the power button on the roku remote, it will turn the tv on and take me to the home page on Roku and everything is fine.

There are other times though, when I press the power button, I will hear the tv click like it wants to turn on, but it doesn’t.  I have to use the TV remote to turn it on and then it will go through the initial startup like the tv was reset and goes through its initial boot-up.  Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku sometimes causes TV to reset when powered on

Hi, @Worthoggerr 

We are delighted to have you here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with your Roku Ultra that is resetting, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. In this matter, we would recommend performing a complete reset to your Roku device to resolve the issue. Please be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Kindly follow the information provided below:

1. Press the Home button. on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

For more information, you can visit this support article at How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted on how this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos