Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl14
Level 7

Roku signed me up for a subscription

Jump to solution

I got an email that I had a subscription for ESPN+ renewing.  I never signed up for ESPN+.

I went in and canceled it and also removed payment option to make sure I don't get charged for other things I never signed up for.

I am the only one using my Roku devices and I know what I sign up for and I certainly never ever sign up for anything that requires a subscription. 

I wonder what other things Roku is signing me and others up for without them knowing. 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku signed me up for a subscription

Jump to solution

If you log into your account at https://my.roku.com you can create or reset a PIN value. You can then choose when the PIN is to be required, such as before it will allow any subscription or purchase to be made on your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Karl14 @Siciliano57

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Karl14
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got the pre canned reply that said I am being charged, even though I never subscribed.  I live alone with my dogs and I can assure you I never subscribed. 

Beware if you are a Roku user.  REMOVE YOUR PAYMENT option so they can't charge you for things you never signed up for. 

0 Kudos
Siciliano57
Level 9

Jump to solution

I received the opposite email.  I received an email from Roku cancelling an annual subscription that we paid for.  I was able to continue the subscription when going to my account.  There have been some weird things happening with Roku lately. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you log into your account at https://my.roku.com you can create or reset a PIN value. You can then choose when the PIN is to be required, such as before it will allow any subscription or purchase to be made on your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Karl14 @Siciliano57

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos