Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EACalhoun
Binge Watcher

Roku removing Private/Non-Certified Channels?

Jump to solution

Ok, so Roku is eliminating Private/Non-Certified Channels next March. That will be it - I'm done. I am currently using a non-certified app - albeit legitimate - from Tablo because of an issue with their "official" app. Again, my usage is legitimate. Yes, thank to its apparent abuse, then we all must "fall in line". After almost 9 years with Roku, that's it. I'll be shopping for a replacement over the next several months. So, what's Roku's shipping address so I can happily box up all my devices and ship them to Roku?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
EACalhoun
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku removing Private/Non-Certified Channels?

Jump to solution

A Google search on this subject provides a number of articles regarding Roku dropping private channels in March: 

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1EJFC_enUS830US830&sxsrf=AOaemvLWoGbJWTOCxbTcIR9ndCQ50bbsvA:1636...

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@maestrojr 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

For more information about why a channel is no longer available, visit our Support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
212 REPLIES 212

Roku not showing private channel

Jump to solution
I added the unofficial twitch.tv app onto my Roku Express via the website with the code "twitchtv" and I can see my amount of channels has gone up from 5 to 6, but no icon is popping up for it. I have restarted my Roku multiple times and checked for updates, no dice. Any ideas?
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku not showing private channel

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please be aware that Roku does not review or provide support for non-certified channels. 

We recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

For more information regarding private non-certified channels, you can visit our Support page here: How to add a non-certified channel to your Roku® streaming device

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
drherm

How do I get Playboy tv?

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: playboy

Jump to solution

You'll have to find some other way to watch it.  It's not available on Roku that I can find, not even as an unsanctioned private channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
maestrojr

Re: playboy

Jump to solution

I used to have PLayboytv on the Roku (actually the reason that I got the Roku) I don't see it on there anymore. Any idea what happened to it? Very hard finding any support on the website.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@maestrojr 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

For more information about why a channel is no longer available, visit our Support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
whidobie

Adding a Private Channel

Jump to solution

I have never added a channel and I looked up how to add the channel.  While it is accepted but when i go to my list the channel does not appear.  I have gone to setting and have updated as mentioned and it shows updated but the channel still does not appear.  Any suggestions or do i have to change anything in my settings?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding a Private Channel

Jump to solution

Do you have an older Roku?  Not all channels are supported on all devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Skamaniac

Adding private channels to a Roku TV

Jump to solution

Is it possible to add private channels to a Roku TV?

0 Kudos