Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crazymool

Roku not displaying video

My roku does not show video even though i can still hear it and see the surrounding items such as the title and the cover photos for movies and shows, and yes i have checked to see if all my apps do this and they all do ive restarted my device and fiddled with the hdmi cord a couple times and that just doesnt do the trick. So can anyone help me with this issue? HELP ME PLEASE

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not displaying video

Hi @Crazymool,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We see that you're having issues with Roku not displaying video, and we would like to know more about this so we can help you out. Is this issue happening to a particular channel or are other channels affected too? In addition, when did you first notice this issue? Further, what Roku streaming device are you currently using?

We would value your response since you've given us the opportunity to assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Crazymool I would try unplugging the device for at least 30 seconds.  May not work but worth a try.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Crazymool-

Couple more things to try:

Under "Settings > System > Advanced system Settings > Advanced display settings" does your Roku have an "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" item?   If it is enabled, try disabling it.

Under "Settings > Display type" try setting this to your TV's actual resolution rather than "Auto detect".

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos