Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crolson
Reel Rookie

Roku logged me out and deleted all my apps. Won’t let me re-install. Everything is blank.

I was sitting watching TV Netflix on roku and it just logged me out. When I logged back in it said I needed to activate my roku device. So I did that and when the reactivation was complete every app was gone. Even though when I go to roku app and search for all the channel apps I had everyone says they are installed, but nothing is on my TV to choose from.

so I decided to turn that TV off and go to bedroom. I clicked on Netflix and started watching a movie. During the movie Netflix stopped working, logged me out and was deleted from my roku TV. I tried reinstalling it and it won’t let me… what is going in and is there a fix?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Roku logged me out and deleted all my apps. Won’t let me re-install. Everything is blank.

Assumption only, but I suppose that someone probably got into your Roku account and deleted the Netflix app from there or something like that.  Also, one thing to note, Roku does not manufacture the RokuTV sets themselves; it’s just an integrated Roku OS system licensed to the actual TV manufacturer.  What brand is your set?

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Crolson
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku logged me out and deleted all my apps. Won’t let me re-install. Everything is blank.

I have 4 smart TV’s with the roku built in and then the one that is giving me the most fits is the actual roku box hooked up to the TV… this is the one that just everything disappeared and made me activate device again and now nothing is loaded. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Channels cannot be deleted via the web site, only on a Roku device. Since you have multiple Roku devices, it's possible that someone accidentally deleted the channel on one of the other devices, which would remove it from all devices linked to that user account. It's possible it won't allow you to reinstall the channel until all of the Roku devices on that account have been rebooted. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Crolson
Reel Rookie

Just one Smart TV with the roku built in is not allowing Netflix. The other TV that has a roku device connected to the TV by a HDMI cord is blank everything is gone! It shut everything off and made me reactivate the the roku device. Once it was activated all channel apps gone, Disney, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon prime, vudo, perflix, everything nothing is there…

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Crolson   Someone probably got into your account after they bought their own Roku and deleted all of the apps from your devices or something like that.  Hopefully @RokuKariza-D or someone else at Roku will explain to you more in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, here's another thought. Someone went into your Roku user page (https://my.roku.com) and removed that one specific device from your account. It won't let you install anything because it's not connected to a specific user account. Go into your Roku device that is not working correctly, go to the Settings/System/About page, and see what it says about the user account it's linked to. It might show your account, or it might be blank, I'm not certain what it might do if it's been deleted from your user account. Make note of the serial number, then log into your Roku user account and look if that serial number is still listed under your devices. My guess is it's not listed.

If it has been unlinked from your account, the only way to get it back is to do a factory reset on the Roku in question and set it back up as if it were brand new. Once that is done, any channel attached to your account will automatically be reinstalled on that device. I realize you said you had to reactivate it, but something went haywire during the process I believe.

If that device is missing from your user account, I recommend changing your Roku user password, as someone might have hacked your account.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.