Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaxsii
Reel Rookie

Roku keeps showing 'continye watching' with items I have never watched

For context, I have used my roku *exclusively* for YouTube for the past two years. Nearly every time I go to the home screen, items appear as 'continue watching' that I have never watched and is almost always items I would not watch. Has anyone else had this problem??? I have tried changing my account password so no one has access to my account but myself at all and this still happens.

3 REPLIES 3
edroksense
Roku Guru

Re: Roku keeps showing 'continye watching' with items I have never watched

@Vaxsii 

If you are watching any VOD on roku app and you switch to live tv or other functions  but you did not turn off the roku device and then you come back to roku app the next day when you open it - that continue watching is displayed. 

This would mean the roku app continue playing when you leave it on even not watching.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Vaxsii, using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About, log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com and scroll down to "My streaming devices & TVs".  Are there any you don't recognize?  Merely changing your account password wouldn't affect devices already linked to your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Vaxsii
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately every time I have looked there are no other devices. I'm really not sure how any programs would be associated with my account at this point, it's the only device I've logged into it with, with this being the first and only Roku I've ever had since I got it three years ago 

0 Kudos