Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DE1952

Roku is a major problem this weekend

I turned my tV on to watch a show on Acorn. It’s been moved to AMC for another subscription.  I watched an Acorn show last night and today Acorn is gone.  What’s going on?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku is a major problem this weekend

How were you watching Acorn before? I see an AcornTV channel when I search on my Ultra and on the channel store web site. It does indicate it requires a subscription. As to supported devices, their web site is rather lacking in clarity. They only list Roku TV and Roku Stick as supported devices, but I can't see any reason it wouldn't work on all current Roku devices. That said, channel developers can and do enforce limiting their channels to certain devices. BBC is one that only supports a limited number of players, and if you import an unsupported player into the UK, it won't work with the BBC channel.

Here's a link to the help center for AcornTV specifically for Roku devices. Also see this page if your Acorn subscription is through Roku, rather than directly with Acorn.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos