Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrysippus

Roku hangs after last advertisement

I have the same problem, I think.  Also on Bones, LOL, but on other shows, too. 

It seems to me the pattern is that the screen freezes while showing a Roku splash screen - usually at the start of an ad - and then after I give up, escape, and resume (same as OP), a Roku add plays.  As if it's a transition glitch in the Roku ads.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Chrysippus

Re: Roku hangs after last advertisement

After re-reading the original post, I want to say it seems more recent than last January.  More like just in the last 2 or 3 months I realized I have to keep jumpstarting the show again.  (And if it _is_ a media glitch, it's arrival is not necessarily aligned with a software upgrade.) 

It seems like the screen is locked waiting for something to complete  (SKIP, OK, etc.,) or maybe a timer that didn't get started.  Since there is no way to kick it, you have to exit and resume.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku hangs after last advertisement

Hi @Chrysippus,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with the ads on your Roku device. We have users who reported restarting a Roku device along with the router helps them resolve the issue. Could you try this on your end? We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please let us know how it works.
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos