Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guit
Reel Rookie

Roku express 3930x - not available Disney, HBO Max etc

Jump to solution

Why I can't see the most popular apps like Disney or HBO Max? I can't see the, listed on channelstore neither...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku express 3930x - not available Disney, HBO Max etc

Jump to solution

Roku channel apps are only available in those countries in which the channel developer has authorized the release of their Roku apps.  They may restrict their areas of availability due to regional licensing restrictions for the content they provide, infrastructure limitations on where they can do business, or other concerns.

Channel operators can select any or all of the countries in which Roku has official support as listed below.  They also can choose a "rest of the world" option for those countries not listed.  Roku honors these choices and will not make channel apps available in regions where the channel owner has not authorized their release.

This is independent of where the channel owner may have authorized release on other platforms or on the web.  Don't be surprised if the front line people at any channel know only the content of their own press releases and do not understand that Roku is following the restrictions placed by their own service when submitting their app to Roku.

The content included in each region may differ at the discretion of the channel operator.

CURRENT ROKU SUPPORT REGIONS:

• North America - Canada (English), Canada (Français), United States

• Europe - France, Germany, United Kingdom

• Latin America - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru

• Asia Pacific - Australia

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mop_891
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@guit  I'm guessing maybe it's where you are located. Are you in the USA? That or maybe those apps do not support your model. It's not a current model.

guit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm in Europe. So looks like that could be a potential reason 😉

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku channel apps are only available in those countries in which the channel developer has authorized the release of their Roku apps.  They may restrict their areas of availability due to regional licensing restrictions for the content they provide, infrastructure limitations on where they can do business, or other concerns.

Channel operators can select any or all of the countries in which Roku has official support as listed below.  They also can choose a "rest of the world" option for those countries not listed.  Roku honors these choices and will not make channel apps available in regions where the channel owner has not authorized their release.

This is independent of where the channel owner may have authorized release on other platforms or on the web.  Don't be surprised if the front line people at any channel know only the content of their own press releases and do not understand that Roku is following the restrictions placed by their own service when submitting their app to Roku.

The content included in each region may differ at the discretion of the channel operator.

CURRENT ROKU SUPPORT REGIONS:

• North America - Canada (English), Canada (Français), United States

• Europe - France, Germany, United Kingdom

• Latin America - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru

• Asia Pacific - Australia

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X