Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wepon1

Roku devices with latest OS 12 software to watch Hulu Live

I would like to watch Hulu live but only the latest Roku devices will work with the latest OS system of 12 or higher, I believe. Which devices have this OS system? I know all 4K type rokus have the older OS system that does not work.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku devices with latest OS 12 software to watch Hulu Live

Hi @wepon1,

Thanks for the inquiry!

We understand that you wanted to know the Roku devices that are supported by OS 12. We will be glad to assist you. Please check out this support article on Roku OS software release notes.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@wepon1-

Any current Roku model in the current product line is compatible with Hulu.

Hulu says it wrote the current version of its Roku channel app to be compatible with the following Roku models, running Roku operating software version 11 or higher.   Older Roku models not on this list are no longer supported by Hulu. If your older Roku model is not on this list, you'll need to replace it with a supported model in order to receive Hulu.

Presumably, newer models not yet listed by Hulu will also work.

You can check your Roku model and model number via Roku menu path Settings > System > About. (This information is current as of August 22, 2023. For updates, see the source link below.)

Roku 2 (4210X)
Roku 3
Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X), Stick+, 4K, 4K+
Roku Express, Express+, 4K, 4K+
Roku Premiere, Premiere+
Roku Ultra, Ultra LT
Roku Smart Speaker
Roku TV, 2K, 4K, 8K

Source: https://help.hulu.com/s/article/supported-roku

Note that, although it currently runs Roku 11.5, Hulu no longer supports the discontinued Roku 4 (4400X), which uses a different chip set than any other Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

I think I need more clarification on this. Listed is model 3920x which is a roku premier device. I have that device and I'm unable to watch Hulu Live. Is there a reason for this? Is there a different model that will allow Hulu Live?
0 Kudos