Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
02ebz06
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku device Won't Show Or Save My Favorites for AMC+ App.

@chuckbear 

Yes, they said waiting on ROKU to approve. That was on the 14th.

I got this on the 16th which implies ROKU approved:

We hope your issue has been resolved, but if it hasn’t, please respond to this email so that we can help. 

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

There may be a justified reason why Roku is withholding/delaying the update as perhaps there are issues with the AMC+ channel app that could potentially cause worse problems as Roku probably needs to test the channel app before releasing it. So, I'd rather the update be delayed if it means that Roku is watching our backs and making sure everything functions as it should versus causing us to lose full functionality of not just the channel app but of it crashing our Rokus. Even with the current glitch, at least we can watch movies, shows, and live TV on AMC+. Just imagine if Roku rushed the update and nothing on AMC+ worked at all as it crashed back to the home screen.

I've seen a lot worse than this glitch: at least I’m able to usually type in three letters in the search to find what I want to watch -- even if that's a nuisance, and if that doesn't work I can use the Roku app on my smart device to type into the search on my TV.

It sure would be nice if someone from Roku could explain why they're withholding the update, but either it's probably because they are behind with so many apps that are updating which they need to look at before releasing them or they need to rigorously test this app since it has been glitchy for three or so months and some flag has been triggered. Anyhow, who knows how long it takes for Roku to release any channel update as this delay may be normal.

At least Roku may have implied that they approved the update versus implying that they didn't, which means it could have been an even longer delay. The update will happen, but when it does just don't have your hopes held too high because the update may not fix the glitch; it may even make it worse. At least AMC is working on it and ready to respond to work on this further if need be. We just need to be patient. 

02ebz06
Binge Watcher

My guess is that they are just behind.

Companies don't seem to want to hire sufficient staff to meet the support need. 

I do agree that they would have to test it before giving the OK.

Just a strange email I got from AMC+ asking me if all is good, when it hasn't been implemented yet.

0 Kudos
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

Sure, that's the reason. Because they are so careful. Chuck

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Well, now I'm starting to doubt myself, that perhaps I somehow missed the most recent AMC+ update if any such update had occurred since last Thursday, even though I've stared at the TV screen every time I manually update which has been at least twice a day, so my Roku would not have auto-updated. The problem is that I never recorded what the update was when writing that prior post last Thursday to know if that version could have changed during the week.

Today I've manually updated multiple times and didn't see AMC+ at all. I saw that Shudder recently updated since last Thursday but I never saw AMC+. I just don't know how I would have missed it, but anything is possible since sometimes updates zoom by; I don't think this update would do that. At least, @02ebz06, you emailed them about version 1.2 build 49 still having the same issues in the event this was supposed to be the update to fix the app -- if this version number had indeed changed from whatever it was after it updated last Thursday. AMC did say from your email that this update could take up to a week and you posted that on Sunday, so perhaps we're looking at tomorrow as that would be a week from the last update, which I had posted about.

Anyhow, nothing has changed as we're still waiting for Roku to approve the AMC+ update that goes beyond version 1.2.49 to see if they fix this glitch. The worst-case scenario is that I did somehow miss the update, meaning the response email you received today was for yet a newer update from this current one that was supposed to be the one to fix it -- 1.2.49. This would mean we could be looking at another week before they issue an even newer update from 1.2.49. Let us hope that version 1.2.49 was the one that was updated last Thursday so that this is resolved this week when Roku approves the update that is supposed to surpass this version and we're not waiting for an even newer version if 1.2.49 was the newest one. I don't think that's the case since AMC+ hasn't appeared to change at all since last Thursday, so here's hoping we get the update that resolves this during this week instead of next week. 

02ebz06
Binge Watcher

Latest response from AMC+  as of 21/04/2024

We apologize for the delay as we are experiencing high volumes and will get back to you as soon as possible. Your inquiry is pending and has been escalated to the proper department to resolve.

Best wishes,

Team

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Binge Watcher

Another useless update from AMC+

Seems to indicate the problem I have isn't resolved. Didn't even have the ticket # in the subject line like previous messages.

Had me fill out a useless questionnaire. Questions were centered on issues with a browser on a PC or phone. 

So this is what they sent:

"Thank you for contacting AMC+ Customer Support! 

We apologize for the inconvenience!  

We can certainly help you figure this out! 

Sorry for taking too long to respond, we have been having a high volume of emails.

In order to troubleshoot as successfully as we can, we'll need to work together to identify the source of the issue. We have provided a questionnaire below that will help us diagnose issues on your devices. Please also attach any screenshots of the issue by replying to this message.

Please fill out the Tech Questions form by clicking here

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

Thanks,
AMC+ Support Team"
0 Kudos
02ebz06
Binge Watcher

Guess their first fix wasn't a fix...

Another response from AMC+ 4/30/24

"We apologize for the ongoing issue with the "My Stuff" function on your Roku device.  There is an ongoing effort to have a full resolution for this.  Once the resolution is in place and we have confirmation from Roku, we will provide this update.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
AMC+ Support Team"

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Binge Watcher

This is a joke.

Just got another email saying it has been resolved.  ROKU & AMC+ firmware has not changed. Still broke.

"We hope your issue has been resolved, but if it hasn’t, please respond to this email so that we can help. 

You may be selected to receive a survey about your customers experience, we would love to get your feedback."

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Since this issue hasn't been resolved in around four months, if anyone doesn't want to continue paying for this service, you can cancel it, which is what I did.

***Just note that once you unsubscribe, you must wait until the end of your billing cycle and the service completely cancels before you can add it back.

If you don't want to cancel, because you're happy with the service regardless of this issue, you can post an update on this thread when the issue has been fixed so whenever this is eventually resolved, whoever wants to re-add this service again can do that at that future date. That way you don't have to continue paying for a broken service unless there is content on there that you're unable to stop watching. If you want, you can let AMC+ know why you're canceling as that may get them to resolve this faster (preferably before the end of your billing cycle).

I am thinking of resubscribing if AMC+ fixes this issue before my service end date, but the real issue I'm having is that I'm paying for enough premium channels, various fees are rising soon, and this issue makes it easy for me to put AMC+ on the chopping block until I'm ready to subscribe again in the future.