Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Portalogem
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device Won't Show Or Save My Favorites for AMC+ App.

I found that even though the item(s) in my AMC+ watchlist vanished after adding it, it would remain in my saved favorites on my other devices that had the AMC+ app. 

I sent them a support ticket about this issue, which had also occurred in 2022, and upon emailing me back, they didn't give me a specified timeline of when they would fix this. They updated the AMC+ channel app on the Roku today and for a moment, it seemed that the issue was resolved, but after my screensaver had been on for a while, the issue appeared to come back.

Workaround, which doesn't always work 😞 (after channel update):

First, to make sure you have the most current update of AMC+ on your Roku, go to Settings, System, Software Update, Check now, or select the AMC+ channel, select the star key on the remote, and select Check for updates.

After going back to the home screen, selecting the AMC+ channel app, tapping the star key on my remote, and selecting Restart App in the channel menu, this again brought back the item(s) in the watchlist. Another workaround is pressing the back key while in the app until it asks if you want to exit, tap Yes, and then re-enter the app as the item(s) in my watchlist came back. This workaround only started to work after the channel app was updated. Unfortunately, I found after the screensaver had been on for a while that this workaround doesn't always work, but once again, after a couple of minutes had passed, I was able to restart the app and the item(s) reappeared in my watchlist. 

I also logged out of AMC+ on my Roku, uninstalled the channel, (removed my micro-SD card), restarted my Roku, reinstalled the channel (and also re-inserted the micro-SD card), and logged back into AMC+ on my Roku – I'm unsure if that helped or not. After the issue came back and I wasn't able to resolve it with the workaround from the prior paragraph, I formatted my micro-SD card in my computer and then reformatted it in my Roku to see if that made a difference, and after restarting the app, the item(s) again appeared in my watchlist, but the glitch still came back. (If you don't have a micro-SD card slot in your Roku or an SD card inserted into the slot, then you can ignore those steps that involve the SD card.) 

After the channel was updated, this now appears to be an intermittent issue, so it's very difficult to troubleshoot this, but for the most part, I was able to get the item(s) to show up in my AMC+ watchlist. 

For those who still have this issue, instead of commenting here, send AMC+ a message that this is happening to you by going to the AMCplus website, logging in, going to settings, going to Support, going to See FAQs, and then going to Contact Us. I would think that if more people let AMC know that they're having this issue, the faster this will be resolved. 

02ebz06
Channel Surfer

Just added AMC+ about 2 weeks ago.

Have TCL/ROKU TV's.

After adding items to the "MyStuff" folder, they show up at times and are gone at other times.

Started with them there there in the mornings and gone at night.

Recently it reversed, visible at night and gone in mornings. Weird...

Six days ago I opened a ticket about it with AMC+ but have received no response.

Opened another today trying to find out why they haven't responded.

If I get a response I will update...

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Channel Surfer

Got a reply from AMC+

"We apologize for the inconvenience you've had with this. Fortunately our tech team has found and addressed the problem within the app and it has been submitted to Roku. We are only waiting for Roku to complete their routine approval of the update before it goes live in the Roku app store. At that point, your app will automatically update if you've enabled that in Settings. If not, you'll just need to update the app the normal way. 

Because the timeline depends on Roku's team, we can't give you an exact ETA, but we're hoping they approve this and set it live on their end within a week or so.

Thanks again for your patience during this work.

Thanks,
AMC+ Support Team"

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead of a "Remove channel" option. You can click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription and prevent any more payments, but your subscription and channel access will continue until your subscription period runs out. Due to a programming decision by Roku, you will not be able to remove the channel app via the Roku interface until the subscription period runs out.

Instead, try removing the channel via the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet connected to one of the Rokus on your account. At the bottom of the first screen, click Search and do a search for the installed channel name. On the resulting screen you should get options to Launch the channel on your Roku, or Remove the channel. I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel (I haven't had one for years) but it's been reported this works even while the subscription is still active.

This will remove the channel from your Roku account, and thus from ALL Rokus linked to that same Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

I'm not sure what this has to do with the discussion here about favorites not showing up in AMC+ on a Roku device.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@chuckbear-

Sorry.  I failed to indicate I was responding to @DeKaSc who posted "Some apps do not include the option to be removed when you press the " * " button."

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
02ebz06
Channel Surfer

Got a response from AMC+

Don't know if my issue was 100% identical to what others posted in the thread, but they say my issue is resolved.

"We hope your issue has been resolved, but if it hasn’t, please respond to this email so that we can help. 

"You may be selected to receive a survey about your customers experience, we would love to get your feedback.

Thank you, 

Support Team"

I will wait a couple days before I provide feedback to them.

EDIT:  Not fixed.  Shows I added to MyStuff folder showed up for a few minutes, then disappeared, repeats every few minutes.

0 Kudos
Portalogem
Roku Guru

@02ebz06 

You got a better email response than I did from AMC+. Unfortunately, AMC+ hasn't yet had an update since my prior post, so any fixes they implemented won't show until their app updates on Roku. The current update at this time (at least on my Roku) is version 1.2 build 49. You can see this by going to the channel on the home screen and selecting the star key. In the AMC+ app, after selecting the help menu under settings, it shows as 1.2.49. Wait until this version (or whatever current version you have on your Roku) changes before proceeding with filling out that survey, and hopefully, that future update fixes this issue as they said it would. 

@DeKaSc@makaiguy 

I think you're referencing the "AMC+ on The Roku Channel" app and not the AMC+ standalone app which is what is having the issue. Unless I'm wrong because I never paid for a standalone app through Roku since I always subscribe to the standalone channel directly through its website on my browser, I believe that regardless of how you pay for the standalone app, you can remove it from your Roku. It's only if you get the app through the Roku Channel, (which creates a shortcut so you don't have to look for it through the Roku Channel) you cannot remove it until you cancel your Roku subscription and wait until your subscription period ends. Am I wrong about this when it comes to standalone channel apps?

I've just added a movie to my saved list on the "AMC+ on The Roku Channel" app and I didn't have an issue with the Roku Channel. I don't currently have a subscription to AMC+ through Roku, but I still have the shortcut from when I did.

To everyone:

To find the AMC+ standalone app again after removing it since Roku makes this difficult -- since they want you to subscribe to any premium channel directly through "The Roku Channel," make sure to go to the "Streaming Store" and then go to "Search." Here you can directly search for it by typing in AMC and then select "AMC+" and not "AMC" or "AMC+ on The Roku Channel." I actually couldn't find any other way to add this standalone channel except to directly search for it. On my Roku, AMC+ isn't even in the "Popular Apps" category under the "search" section. It's like if you didn't know that you could add the standalone "AMC+" channel to Roku, it's not presented to let you know that it can be added. It appears to me that a newbie (or one who didn't know any better) would be directed to select "AMC+ on The Roku Channel," while thinking they are in the standalone app, and wondering why they can't watch movies or shows through this after having paid AMC+ directly, and once they select "Start Subscription," they find that they are being charged twice through Roku and through AMC+. Be very careful not to do this.  

This makes me wonder just how many other premium standalone channels Roku is "hiding" unless someone knows to directly search for them. Roku should fix that since it should list all stand-alone channels as it once had when one goes to the streaming store instead of only listing their Roku Channel shortcuts. I shouldn't have to do a direct search to see if a channel I'm interested in subbing to is on my Roku device or not. Unfortunately, the issue I have with subbing to premium channels through "The Roku Channel" or any other "external" provider is that no other provider has the same amount of content that the AMC+ standalone app has.

If I'm paying the same for a channel, then I want to have the maximum content that I can get else the other "external" providers should charge less for having less content. I found this to be true with all "external" providers versus using the main channel providers with their stand-alone apps, so I always sub with the main channel through its website and then log into it with the stand-alone app on my Roku. (The only exception I have is that I subscribe to Hulu for its add-on channels since they include the live streaming channels for the same price, but Hulu still allows me to then sub to the standalone channels as well. AMC+ isn't included with Hulu.) Make sure Roku has the stand-alone app first because there could be contract disputes with that channel, in which case if that ever happens again (or if Roku potentially becomes a walled garden, in a potential dystopian future, by only supporting its own premium Roku channels and not the stand-alone channels), I'll switch to a different device that isn't having a contract dispute with a premium channel I want to watch.

It's always best to have different devices in the event of a channel glitch, a contract dispute, or a potential future walled garden (such as having another different Roku device and a non-Roku device), yet all devices are prone to glitches and problems so it's best to keep the other device you were using as a backup instead of throwing it away as then you can switch back to it when your current device has a channel glitch, contract dispute with that channel, or potentially throws up an anti-competitive walled garden which I will never support: I'm hopeful Roku would never even think of doing something like that. 

0 Kudos
02ebz06
Channel Surfer

@Portalogem 

Yes, I have the V1.2 build 49.

I told AMC+ that when I replied and told them the fix didn't fix.

I have the AMC+ app outside ROKU app.

I did get a response from the 2nd ticket I opened about not getting a response from the first:

"We apologize for the delay in response to your ticket. For immediate assistance on this issue, please contact us at 1 844-995-0749 (M-F 9am – 9pm est Sat & Sun 10am – 6pm est). For faster service, once connected to an agent, please reference your ticket ID 4688968.

Thank you for your patience and we hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,
Team"

Since they have acknowledged there is a problem, I'll wait a few days before calling.

Well, at least the number is there if anyone one wants to call AMC+.

0 Kudos
chuckbear
Binge Watcher

AMC+ has already fixed the problem and sent the fix off the Roku. So they are now waiting for Roku to approve and implement the fix. So contact Roku, for all the good that will do, and not AMC+. They have done their part. Chuck

0 Kudos