Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku constantly logging me of out apps

Roku constantly logs me out of apps that I use all the time, especially Hulu. There is no error code, it simply prompts me to log in or start an account. 

It's so maddening that I am looking at alternatives for streaming, and will never buy another roku product. 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku constantly logging me of out apps

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @jondavidson!

It is highly appreciated that you reached out for support about the login issues you are currently experiencing. No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know which channels are affected? Do you have an active Roku subscription for these channels?

In the meantime, it is highly recommended to directly raise your concern to the channel provider themselves which in this case, Hulu's customer support as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. It might be beneficial to reach out to them as their channel might need an update to enhance its effectiveness.

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1Ace
Reel Rookie

Not for nothing how about emailing (Jon) to resolve it.  Instead of waiting for him to respond back on a forum that he probably won't visit again.  It seems like you're going to lose a customer and I'm not too far behind him.  

For me personally this has been happening for way too long but more frequent as of late.  I have been watching March Madness which I do every year for the last 8 years through Roku streaming, and all the apps that have the games on plus several others all a sudden make me login when I click on them.  After just using the same apps literally the day before, this has been happening everyday lately for the last 3 - 6 months.  I do not use Roku sub to login to apps,  I use my Xfinity login which I have to go to the activate website and put in the code on the TV screen.  I don't want to hear nothing about it being my settings nor any other basic troubleshooting nonsense to try to direct the attention back to the consumer.  I've tried the standard troubleshooting, I've tried changing the settings.  My settings haven't changed the only thing that has is the software/hardware updates. 

Take responsibility and fix this!  Are reports being sent back to your developers to resolve bugs and glitches?  These things should be an easy fix and you now have enough information to if you didn't before.  

The apps are ESPN, TNT, TBS, TruTV, NBC Sports, NBC, CNBC, Hulu on occasions and the NBA app.  

Ace  ♠️

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @1Ace,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments regarding this, and we would feel the same way. As you mentioned, you are having problems with the apps constantly logging you out of your account. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We are eager to hear more from you and investigate this matter further.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
1Ace
Reel Rookie

This is how I know you all don't read the complaints/queries from us customers thoroughly at all. 

Question1:  I clearly stated "this has been happening everyday for the last 3 - 6 months".

Question2:  Did I save what credentials on what app?  My cable provider login credentials?  Be more specific. 

Question3:  I stated this as well that I have tried the standard troubleshooting.  I said that because I knew you were going to ask about it, it's highly likely for Tech Support in any company these days.  But to answer your question yes I have updated the Roku (manually) which I do all the time.  

Question4:  Software version - 12.5.5

Please fix bugs 🐛 👾🤖....