Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpoisson
Reel Rookie

Roku channels not opening. Can’t factory reset!

Good evening.

About 3 hrs ago, suddenly we could not open YouTube or Peacock, Hulu, Prime or Pandora, among others. All 3 of our TVs, all having individual Roku devices, are having the same issue. The channel Apps won’t open and just sit in the “loading” stage. Nothing will open or play and it’s been this way all evening.

Weve reset the modem, rebooted the internet, manually reset the streambar, then finally tried a factory reset. Now, I can’t even complete the rest installation process because it stops at entering my email, which I do and no emails ever arrive! I’ve re-entered my email for the activation code at least 10 times and zero emails have arrived from Roku with a code to proceed. Something must be going on with Roku right now…

is there another security data breach or something? Is Roku having technical issues that everyone needs to be made aware of? I’m not seeing any announcements on X or Facebook or anywhere online or on the Roku App. What’s the deal?

All of our TVs with a Roku device are having this exact same issue. PLEASE MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT. This is very confusing and frustrating. 

Thanks

Terra

3 REPLIES 3
MissMal
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channels not opening. Can’t factory reset!

I'm having the same issue. Tried recovery mode, now I'm stuck in a loop. Very frustrating. They need to put out a statement letting people know what's going on and when it will be fixed. I can't even watch DVD's. I'll never buy one of these TV's again.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Tpoisson!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and no worries! We'd be more than willing to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution so you can get back on streaming. 

Before we proceed, may we know if you've also tried to perform the troubleshooting steps you mentioned above on your other Roku streaming players? If not, are you still able to navigate to the Home screen? Also, kindly provide us with the specific model of the Roku players affected by this.

Moreover, we suggest trying to factory reset one of the affected devices again, but this time using the reset button at the back of the player. To perform this, kindly follow the instructions provided by our Support article on How to factory reset your Roku streaming device.

We'll be looking forward to your update as we'd be more than eager to help you resolve this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @MissMal!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming and we'd be more than happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this.

Before we proceed, may we know if you are experiencing playback issues with all of the channels available on your Roku TV? If your TV is stuck in recovery mode, kindly try to press and hold the reset button that is usually seen at the back or right side of the TV to set you back on default. 

Note: Please be informed that resetting your Roku streaming device will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions.

After doing so, reactivate your TV again and see if the issue still persists. We'll be looking forward to your update and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos