Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benastrada
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel does not switch back to video after ads

Sorry for delay in responding, I was not notified of your message via email.

Here are the details requested

Roku model: 9102EU - Roku Streambar

Serial number YL002P444936 (2E1182444936)

Software version 12.5.5; build 4174-95

GC version:10.7.26

Timestamp 2024-02-14T17:09:02Z

Issue ID 34-064-389

Just a recap of what I have tried so far: 

what have I tried:

1) removing offending channels, then reinstalling - no change

2) updating channels as well as upating the device - no change

3) checked wifi signal - excellent 

4) made sure the 'automatic' whatever display something was off as suggested somewhere else - no change

5) reset the whole Roku device - no change 

6) switched off, left to cool (not that it was hot or anything, but you know, try everything!) - no change! 

7) removed channels again, reset the device, switched off and unplugged overnight, then back on etc - no change....

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Entwood @benastrada

Thanks for providing the information.

We'll forward this information and concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more development has been acquired, we'll provide an update regarding this matter.

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue - except that it is happening on every channel and most programs. It's clearly not an isolated issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MadCatWoman,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused with the playback issue. We would like to know how to identify and resolve this issue. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Does the issue occur on a specific ad?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
  • Have you tried restarting your Roku device? To restart, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Entwood
Reel Rookie

Hi, I think the phrase "grin and bear it" is applicable here... we have been complaining about this problems for months now, and the only replies we get are the same non-working ones .... we have all restarted/reset/deleted/reinstalled/contacted ITV/ prayed/donated to worthy causes etc etc to no avail.

An actual working solution, or even an admission that the problem exists, is never forthcoming, and appears never likely to be given. 

Not an great advert for a Roku product as I cannot, in all honesty, recommend one to friends.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Entwood,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We'd love to further investigate this issue thoroughly. Is this happening on all channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify) Could you send a photo of your running problem as well?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Entwood
Reel Rookie

@RokuJohnB

If you actually read the previous posts you would see relevant descriptions of the problem from several sources, plus my own detailed answer to a previous question.... and now you also want a photograph of a blank, black screen ??? 

I quote "Could you send a photo of your running problem as well?" when the problem described by all of us is "a blank screen after the adverts"

Do you wonder why I have no faith in Roku actually fixing the problem when your sole response is to click a pre-written template answer that bears no relevance to the question ?