Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cliffroo22
Reel Rookie

Roku changed my NBC station

Was there any resolution to this?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku changed my NBC station

Hi @Cliffroo22,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for posting and We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Cliffroo22
Reel Rookie

Hi there!

This issue started about 6 weeks ago - we switched to Verizon 5G internet and the NBC app started giving us Cleveland local stations rather than Columbus. After a week or so, it fixed itself. However, I had to make some changes to our wifi setup and the issue returned. It’s been like this for 2 weeks. 

There is no error and this seems to only happen with the NBC app. I’ve ensured the app and system are up to date, unlinked and relinked my tv provider to the NBC app and updated my zip code in the system settings of the Roku. 

thanks!

caitlin

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cliffroo22,

Thanks for following up and clarifying the issue you are experiencing with the NBC channel.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

You can reach NBC support here: help.nbc.com

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jmuscato
Reel Rookie

This has happened to me several times. The only solution that I found was to check your IP geolocation. You can use something like:

https://whatismyipaddress.com/location-feedback

This is returning multiple providers for me and not all are correct. Really troubling, but I each time I correct it to my location and that seems to do something. It is possible that this is a coincidence and they fixed it on their end.

Good luck. It seems to mostly happen to NBC, but they just throw up their hands.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As noted, this is not a Roku problem, but an issue with your Internet service provider. That said, most Roku's let you put in your zip code at Settings/System/Zip Code. That may or may not help, depending on if the app asks Roku for the info, or works entirely by your IP address.

0 Kudos