Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku app cannot be installed on new Samsung TV

Hi all,

I bought a new Samsung Tv and the Roku app is no longer available. I had 4 older Samsung models with the Roku app installed. When I search Roku I can only find the Roku channel, which doesn't have all the app from the Roku app.

I really like the Roku app because it is synced in all devices I connect to. Don't tell me that newer Samsung models do not support Roku app anymore, because that would be a bummer!

Marco

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku app cannot be installed on new Samsung TV

Greetings @Mariner1974 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry with The Roku Channel on Samsung TVs. 

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Does The Roku Channel on your Samsung TV not work properly? What is missing from The Roku Channel on your Samsung TV that you see on other TVs?

With more detailed information, we will be more than happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ebuvette

Re: Roku app cannot be installed on new Samsung TV

Mariner1974

I have exactly the same problem. I solved it by purchasing a Roku Stick (about $50.00) and plugging it into my new Samsung TV. You can try this by temporarily moving a Roku stick from one of your other TVs. 

0 Kudos