Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlindenfeld9394
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra stops streaming on Xfinity stream app at night

I have two Roku Ultra's. I use the Xfinity stream app to watch my TV. At night we will leave our TV on cause we have issues sleeping. Normally between 12am to 4am the streaming will stop and go back to the channel line up. We have turned off the bandwidth saver. Turned off the screen savor mode. Made sure nothing is turned on to stop the streaming, and it still happens. I can stream all day long with no issues. Not touching the remote for hours and it still goes. ROKU says it is a Xfinity stream app issue, Xfinity says it is a issue with the ROKU product. I have swapped out the ROKU ultra and same issue. Other ROKU apps like ROKU Channels it works fine. I keep up to date all the time. Updated the xfinity app when it needs it. I don't know what to do. It is driving us crazy. Please if someone has any suggestions please reply and let me know

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Z06
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Ultra stops streaming on Xfinity stream app at night

Go into your Roku power settings. There should be an option to disable the power saving feature. Also look in the XFinity channel settings and see if there is a timer limit. I know Hulu + Live TV has a time limit. So both Roku Ultras do this? Or only one on a particular TV? Sure it is not a power saving feature on your TV?

0 Kudos
dlindenfeld9394
Channel Surfer

I've turned everything off. Xfinity app doesn't have a setting for the time limit. But thanks for the suggestions. Happeneds with two Roku Ultra. Never does it on other ROKU channels. Other apps work great no issues. just xfinity app

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

You say everything but you did not answer any of my questions. You mentioned you turned off bandwidth saver and the screensaver. But did you disable the power saving feature? Did you check your TV itself for any power options? So if you leave Netflix or Hulu playing all night long it will? It’s only if you watch the XFinity channel all night long? But if you watch the XFinity channel all day it does not occur? This only occurs during 12-4am? Only on 1 TV? If it’s only happening on one TV during a certain time frame and only on the XFinity channel then it’s not your Roku. So this is only happening on your bedroom tv with the Roku Ultra? It does not happen with your living room TV and Roku Ultra? And you swapped the Ultras and it still happens in your bedroom? Or does it follow the device? If it is only happening in your bedroom and it happens if either Roku is plugged into your bedroom then it’s something with your TV. Some sort of power saving. Do you have any sort of timers? Power saving features? 

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@dlindenfeld9394  Can you please clarify everything that is happening. Times, rooms, devices, channels, steps you took so far. This doesn’t seems like a Roku issue to me. Are both TVs the exact same model? If you leave both TV’s on all night with the XFinity channel playing do both stop after 4 hours? Under Settings/System/Power turn off the power saving feature on your Roku. If you have that option 

0 Kudos
dlindenfeld9394
Channel Surfer

I have not tested on both TV, only the bedroom TV. I have turned off any Power Settings, Screen savor settings, The Bedroom TV is a Sanyo. Have not checked the Settings for TV but again, this only happened on xfinity app. All other ROKU apps work great and do not stop streaming at night.  OK So i Turn on the ROKU, Go to Xfinity app. Normally put it on the ION Channel. Have tried others as well. And then we go to Bed. Normally it will stop between 12am to 4am. I will not leave my other TV's on all night cause not in there to watch them. Have Switched ROKU to make sure it wasn't that. I do think it is the Xfinity app, But have no idea if there is anything else i am missing on the ROKU in settings that might help fix.

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@dlindenfeld9394  Ok so let’s simplify this. Only focus on the bedroom tv with the Roku Ultra. So if you leave Netflix or Hulu playing from 12AM - 4AM the tv never shuts off? But if you use the XFinity channel during the same time frame the tv shuts off? Then it’s clear the XFinity channel is the culprit. Nothing to do with your Roku or TV. Keep in mind that the XFinity channel for Roku is “beta” Beta means it contains bugs and is still under development. Any issues you have while using the XFinity Stream beta channel should be addressed by the XFinity developers themselves. Any particular reason why you are using XFinity? Have you considered dropping them and signing up for a live tv streaming service such as Hulu + Live TV or YouTube TV?

0 Kudos
dlindenfeld9394
Channel Surfer

I use xfinity cause i have had them for a long time. I have thought  about going to another service but was trying to find a free one for testing purpose only to see how it works. I figured it was Xfinity and have been dealing with them for the last month.

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@dlindenfeld9394  If you are looking to cut the cord “ditch cable tv” then I highly suggest YouTube TV. It all depends upon which networks you watch. Hulu + Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV are also very good. What other streaming services do you subscribe too? Do you need and watch live tv? You still have yet to answer all my questions. I’m trying my best to assist you. Look back and let me know your answers to my questions. Thanks 

0 Kudos
dlindenfeld9394
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes we want to watch Live TV. Been spoiled with it.  Still looking at different option.

0 Kudos